From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up modern in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Modern generally denotes something that is "up-to-date", "new", or contemporary.
It may refer to:
- in history
- in philosophy and sociology
- Modernity, a loosely defined concept delineating a number of societal, economic and ideological features that contrast with "pre-modern" times or societies
- in art
- Modern art, a form of art
- Modern dance, a dance form developed in the early 20th century
- Modern architecture, a broad movement and period in architectural history
- Modern music (disambiguation)
- as a proper name
- Modern (album), an album from the British punk rock band, Buzzcocks
- Modern Records, a Los Angeles record label
- Modern (typeface), a raster font packaged with Windows XP
- Another name for the typeface classification known as Didone
- Modern, a generic font family name for fixed-pitch serif and sans serif fonts (for example, Courier and Pica), used e.g. in OpenDocument format or Rich Text Format
- Modernform Group, traded as MODERN, a furniture manufacturer and distributor in Thailand
- Modern Defense, a chess opening
- Modra, a Slovak city, referred to in the German language as "Modern"
- Contemporary (disambiguation)
- Modern Times (disambiguation)
- Modern Man (disambiguation)
- Modern age (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.