Mody University of Science & Technology
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2012)|
|Mody University of Science and Technology|
|मोदी प्रौद्योगिकी तथा विज्ञान संस्थान|
|Motto in English||To be a University of professional learning comparable with the best in the world, with special commitment to women's education and cultural heritage of India|
|Chancellor||R. P. Mody|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof. Dr. Vishwanath Prasad|
|Dean||Prof. J.V. Desai(FET),
Prof. Ch. S. Durga Prasad (FMS),
Satish C. Shastri(FOL)
|Location||Laxmangarh, Sikar, Rajasthan, India
|Campus||Urban, 265 acres (1.07 km2)|
Mody University of Science and Technology (Hindi: मोदी प्रौद्योगिकी तथा विज्ञान संस्थान; MUST) located in the Laxmangarh town of Sikar district of Indian state Rajasthan. It is a Private University(Exclusively for Women) offering programs in technical education at undergraduate and postgraduate level to women.
The admission is based on JEE-MAIN All India Rank/ State level Engineering Entrance Test / MITS Engineering Entrance Test for those who apply to MITS to get admission in the Bachelor of Technology program of the Faculty of Engineering & Technology. Other faculties of the MITS have their own test.
The institute offers undergraduate programs leading to a Bachelor of Technology, Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Science degree and postgraduate programs leading to Master of Technology, Master of Arts, Master of Commerce, Master of Science degree.
At present MITS have four faculties, Each faculty has its own administration structure with the Head of the faculty at the top of it. Faculties include:
- Faculty of Arts, Science and Commerce (FASC)
- Faculty of Engineering & Technology (FET)
- Faculty of Law (FOL)
- Faculty of Management Studies (FMS)
MITS campus is spread over an area of over 265 acres (1.07 km2) full of greenery with a wide variety of trees and other plants. Drive through any of the three massive gates, you will usher yourself into a gigantic campus with 69 buildings covering an area of approximately 12 lacs sq. ft. The whole campus has been beautifully landscaped with waterfalls, fountains, orchards, lawns, forests and a water body, literally transforming the Shekhawati belt of the Thar desert into an oasis. In a latest survey 89 species of birds (certified by Ornithologist from WWF-India) and 16 species of butterflies (certified by Lepidopterists from WWF-India) have been identified. Its semi rural location is quiet and peaceful, indeed ideal for academic pursuits, close to the nature in its totally pollution-free environment and far away from the hustle-n-bustle of city pollution.
MITS provides on-campus residential facilities to its students, research scholars, faculty members and many of its staff.
The institute provides excellent sports facilities for indoor as well as outdoor games. Sport facilities includes yoga, equestrian, running tracks, pole vault, high jump, long and triple jump, tennis court, cricket, hockey, football, volleyball, basketball, badminton, table tennis.
- "Deemed University Directory, University Grants Commission, India". ugc.ac.in. Retrieved 2013-03-01.
- "List of Deemed Universities". education.nic.in. Retrieved 2013-03-01.
- "Faculties List of MITS". mitsuniversity.ac.in. Retrieved 2012-02-19.
- "MITS campus". mitsuniversity.ac.in. Retrieved 2013-03-01.
- Mody University of Science & Technology - Official Web Page of Mody University
- Faculty of Engineering & Technology - Mody University of Science & Technology - Engineering Department at Mody University
- Faculty of Arts Science & Commerce - Mody University of Science & Technology - Arts Science & Commerce Department
- Faculty of Management Sciences - Mody University of Science & Technology - Management
- Faculty of Law - Mody University of Science & Technology - Law
- Mody School - Sister organization of Mody University