Mofatraj P. Munot is the founder, Chairman and Chief Promoter of Kalpataru Group and also founded Kalpataru Power Transmission Ltd.
According to Forbes March 2011 rankings, Mofatraj Munot had a net worth of $1.0 billion and was ranked 55th-richest person in India and 1140th-richest person in the world.
Mofatraj Munot has over 45 years of experience in the field of real estate and property development, civil contracting and various industries.
Mofatraj Munot holds the followings positions;
- President of Maharashtra Chamber of Housing Industry (MCHI)
- Served as Managing Director of Caprihans India Ltd (1992 to 1997)
- Executive Chairman of Kalpataru Ltd (since October 2010)
- Chairman of Kalpataru Construction Overseas Private Limited
- Chairman of Kalpataru Power Transmission Ltd
- Director of Kalpataru Power Transmission Ltd (since June 27, 1989)
- Chairman of Caprihans India Ltd
- Non-Executive Director of Caprihans India Ltd (since May 1986)
- Director of Rajratan Global Wire Limited
- Served as Independent Non-executive Director of Sharyans Resources Limited (until June 21, 2007)