|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
Moffat Communications was a Canadian cable and broadcasting company. Privately owned by the Moffat family, the company was based in Winnipeg, Manitoba. The company owned the following media businesses in Canada and the U.S.A.:
- Videon Cable-TV
- 58 CKY AM radio
- 92 CITI-FM FM radio
- WTN (Women's Television Network)
- The Winnipeg Jets NHL hockey team.
- Florida Satellite Network, a cable system in Pasco County, Florida
- Kingwood Cable and Lakewood Cable near Houston, Texas
- Moffat also built a string of radio stations across Western Canada.
In the 1990s Moffat divested itself of radio stations CKY and CITI to Rogers Communications. In 2001 the company was sold to Shaw Communications, which resold CKY-TV to Bell Globemedia, and WTN to Corus Entertainment.
|This article about a Canadian corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|