From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mogadishu may refer to:
- Mogadishu, the largest city in Somalia and the nation's capital.
- History of Mogadishu, founded on trade, Mogadishu has recently seen armed warfare since the collapse of the Somali government in 1991.
- Port of Mogadishu, the largest harbour in Somalia.
- Mogadishu University, a non-governmental university in the Somali capital of Mogadishu.
- Diocese of Mogadishu, of the Roman Catholic Church.
- Mogadishu Avenue, a Finnish drama comedy TV series written by Jari Tervo. The series deals with the everyday life of immigrants in Finland.
- Battle of Mogadishu (disambiguation), several battles that have taken place in and around Mogadishu since 1993.
- Mogadishu hijacking, in 1977 a Lufthansa Boeing 737 was hijacked by the PFLP and flown to Mogadishu where it was stormed by the GSG 9. The rescue operation was codenamed Feuerzauber (Fire Magic).
- Mogadishu Islamic Courts, a group of Sharia Courts who united themselves to form a rival administration to the Transitional Federal Government of Somalia.
- Mogadishu Line, the reluctance of major powers, particularly the United States, to exercise military and political power for humanitarian reasons with an intervention into another state.
- Mogadishu Mile, a mile-long run by American Rangers and Delta Force soldiers from a helicopter crash site to the Pakistani Stadium during the Battle of Mogadishu on October 4, 1993
- 2007 Mogadishu TransAVIAexport Airlines Il-76 crash, 11 people died on 23 March 2007 when the aircraft crashed in outskirts during the 2007 Battle of Mogadishu.
- 2008 Mogadishu bombings, on 3 August 2008 a roadside bomb killed 21 women and wounded a further 46 people.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.