|— Neighbourhood —|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Mogappair (Tamil: முகப்பேர்) is a fast-developing residential neighborhood in north-western Chennai, India. This place located west of the Jawaharlal Nehru Road (Inner Ring Road) is part of the Ambattur zone(7) of the Chennai Corporation. There are industrial estates to the north and west namely Padi, Mannurpet and Ambattur.
The abundance of highly ranked schools, specialized hospitals and recent influx of IT offices in the Industrial Estates have all catapulted Mogappair into a strategic location for business activities. The reasonable rent conditions make this a favourite spot for aviation crew members, patients visiting the heart specialty hospitals and employees in the IT field.
The Mangal Lake in the northern part of Mogappair was heavily contaminated by the effluents from the adjoining Ambattur Industrial estate. Today, there has been reforms taken by Neer Exnora to protect and beautify this lake. A few decades ago Mogappair was only a small village, and a part of which is still intact in the south-western part of Mogappair.
Origin of the name 
Mogappair was once Maga-p-Peru (meaning "blessed with a child"). After persistent mispronunciation, the term "magapperu", in course of time became "mogappair or mugappair" and became the name of the place.
Sri Santhana Srinivasa Perumal Temple is located at Mogappair Chennai. The name Magapperu derived from the belief that the deity Shri Santhana Srinivasa Perumal granted the blessing of parenthood to childless couples. After persistent mispronunciation, the name 'evolved' to its present form (Mogappair). Childless couples visit this temple and offer their prayers, and it is said that their wishes have come true after the visit to this shrine.
Shri Arunachalam Mudaliar, the pioneer and the founder of Santhana Srinivasa Perumal Temple at Mogappair (Chennai) constructed the temple approximately 170 years before. After Shri Arunachalam Mudaliar, his descendants manage the temple
Once a pastoral village, Mogappair has turned into a vertically-enabled residential neighbourhood. It was once a sparsely populated back-of-beyond. Today Mogappair is a burgeoning residential locality that is punctuated with apartment complexes. A beehive of construction activity, one can always see some promoter or the other breaking ground on a 'vertical' project in this north-western suburb.
The change has been phenomenal in Mogappair. Once cultivated lands stretched away endlessly, irrigated by Mogappair Eri, Mangal Eri, Nolambur Eri and Ambattur Eri. Though the locality was idyllic and scenic, some outsiders were reluctant to settle at Mogappair.
The coming of the Ambattur Industrial Estate changed the contours of Mogappair as also the images it evoked. The State Government, through schemes anchored by the Tamil Nadu Housing Board, wanted to make Mogappair a residential suburb, primarily for those employed in industrial units in neighbouring areas.
Bus Depot 
The locality is served by a bus terminus on Third Main Road in Mogappair West. The terminus is being developed by the Local Area Development Fund, including cementing the entire surface, construction of time keeper's office, water facilities, and toilets, and erecting two 60-feet-highmast lamps, one each at the entrance and on the rear side. About 30,000 people use the terminus daily, from where about 39 buses on 12 routes are being operated daily, making about 280 trips daily. Mogappair East Bus Terminus is yet to be developed like Mogappair West. 
Education and Health care 
Schools, hospitals and guest houses define Mogappair to a great extent. This suburb abounds with schools. Hospitals are a close second. There are the speciality Madras Medical Mission and the newly set-up International Centre for Cardio Thoracic and Vascular Diseases and also a few multi-speciality hospitals around the locality.
Schools in Mogappair 
- Dawn (CBSE) School, Nolambur
- DAV Matric HSS, Mogappair East
- DAV Girls HSS (CBSE), Mogappair
- DAV Boys HSS (CBSE), Mogappair
- Velammal Matric HSS, Mogappair
- Velammal Matric HSS, Mogappair West (Formerly Southern Pearl Matric HSS)
- Velammal Vidyalaya (CBSE), Mogappair West Extension
- Chennai Public school (CBSE), Mogappair East-Jeevan Beema Rao Nagar
- Spartan Matric HSS, Mogappair
- Spartan CBSE school, Mogappair
- The Schram Academy International school (Nolumbur]
- MGR Adarsh Matric HSS, Mogappair East
- Green Valley Matric HSS, Mogappair West
- SBIOA Model HSS, Mogappair Eri scheme
- Shamrock Matric Hss ,Mogappair East
- Vasantham - School for children with intellectual disabilities
- PMR Matric HSS, Mogappair East
- Leo Matriculation Higher Secondary Scahool
- Sunbeams Matriculation School
- Government Boys Higher Secondary School - Mogappair East
- Government Girls Higher Secondary School - Mogappair East
Hospitals in Mogappair 
- MMM Hospitals (Madras Medical Mission)
- Frontier Lifeline Hospitals (Dr. Cherian Heart Foundation)
- Velammal Hospital
- Take Care Hospital
- Srinivas Eye Hospital
- Pranav Eye Care Hospital
- Raj Nursing Home
- Chennai Hospital
- Apollo Hospital (Vanagaram to Amattur Main Road, Ayanambakkam)
- Vasan Eye Care Hospital
- KURINJI Holistic Health Care Center(Siddha, Ayurvedic, Yoga And Naturopathy Center)
- "The Hindu : Tamil Nadu News : For Mogappair's Mangal Eri, redemption at last". Hinduonnet.com. 2005-05-18. Retrieved 2012-02-24.
- "Tamil Nadu News : Plan to make ‘lake adoption’ a mass movement". The Hindu. 2008-03-27. Retrieved 2012-02-24.
- "A rural suburb turns a 'flat' zone". The Hindu. 2004-03-20. Retrieved 2012-02-24.
- "Chennai dinam | Madras Day | Contribution to Madras Day | Tribute to Madras | Looking back Chennai | Madras Day celebrations | Major Buildings in Chennai | Trademark of Chennai | August 22 event". Dinamalar.com. 2011-08-19. Retrieved 2012-02-24.
- Madhavan, T. (25 November 2012). "Mogappair West bus terminus gets a facelift". The Hindu (Chennai: The Hindu). Retrieved 25-Nov-2012.
Prabhakaran from Mugappair east