||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (October 2012)|
Massaquoi during his tenure with the Browns.
|No. -- Free agent|
|Date of birth:||November 24, 1986|
|Place of birth:||Charlotte, North Carolina|
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||207 lb (94 kg)|
|NFL draft:||2009 / Round: 2 / Pick: 50|
Career NFL statistics as of 2012
|Stats at NFL.com|
Mohamed Jah Massaquoi (// MASS-ə-koy; born November 24, 1986) is an American professional football wide receiver who is currently a free agent. He played college football at Georgia and was drafted by the Cleveland Browns in the second round of the 2009 NFL Draft.
Massaquoi was born in Charlotte, North Carolina to parents from Liberia. He played high-school football at Independence High School in Charlotte. During his four years there his team did not lose a single game and won four straight state championships. He played with two college football notables, former University of Florida quarterback Chris Leak and former University of North Carolina wide receiver Hakeem Nicks.
- Career Receptions: 274
- Career Receiving Yardage: 4,876
- Career Receiving Touchdowns: 76
He finished his collegiate career at the University of Georgia with 158 catches for 2,282 yards and 16 touchdowns, which ranks fourth best in school history. Massaquoi had a strong senior season with career-highs in catches (58), yards (920), and touchdowns (8). In Massaquoi's last four regular-season games at Georgia, he caught 29 passes for 544 yards and 4 touchdowns (including a career-high 3 in Georgia's 45-42 loss to Georgia Tech). His longest reception came in his junior season against Florida, hauling in an 84-yard touchdown pass from Matthew Stafford.
Massaquoi was drafted by the Browns with the 50th overall pick in the 2009 NFL Draft.
Massaquoi was the Browns leading receiver during his rookie season (2009) with 34 catches for 624 yards, including an NFL best 148 receiving yards (on 8 catches) in Week 4.
In his four years with the Browns, Massaquoi caught a total of 118 passes for 1,745 yards and 7 touchdowns.
He was released on August 19, 2013.
New York Jets
- "Mohamed Massaquoi". Rivals.com. Yahoo! Sports. Retrieved September 13, 2012.
- Sessler, Marc (April 5, 2013). "Mohamed Massaquoi, Jacksonville Jaguars strike deal". nfl.com. Retrieved 2013-05-03.
- Oehser, John (August 19, 2013). "Jaguars release Spitz, Massaquoi". Jaguars.com. Retrieved August 19, 2013.
- Slater, Darryl (22 August 2013). "Jets cornerback Antonio Cromartie bemoans elimination of two-a-days, says camp 'too soft'". The Star-Ledger. Archived from the original on 22 August 2013. Retrieved 22 August 2013.
- Lange, Randy (31 August 2013). "Jets Move 22, Get Down to 53-Man Active Roster". New York Jets. Archived from the original on 1 September 2013. Retrieved 1 September 2013.