|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (January 2013)|
In Pakistan, tribes of this name can be found in Balochistan, Nowshera, Charsadda, Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa. Other sizeable colonies have settled the major urban centers of the country. Notable communities are located in Peshawar, Karachi, Lahore and Multan. In Balochistan Mohammadzai live in Chaghi, Khuzdar, Wadh,Gidder ,Surab, Qalat, Dasht e goran and Quetta. In Chaghi their main area is RekoDiq siarek.
Famous Muhammadzai in Pakistan
Mazhar Kaleem the famous writer of Imran Series is also Muhammadzai and lives in Multan.
Barakzai Mohammadzai's usually have the southern dialect of Pashto. The elites of this tribe usually speak the northern Pashto dialect found in Nangarhar province, however there are many Mohammadzai's who speak Dari as a first (or second language), especially those whom live around Persian speaking non-Pashtun Afghans. The Mohammadzai of Balochistan speak Balochi, Brahvi.
- Emir Dost Muhammad Khan Barakzai - (First Mohammadzai Ruler)
- Emir Sher Ali Khan - Emir of Afghanistan
- Emir Yaqub Khan - Emir of Afghanistan, Signed treaty of Gandamak.
- Emir Abdur Rahman Khan - Emir of Afghanistan (October 1879/July 22, 1880-October 3, 1901)
- Emir Habibullah Khan - Emir of Afghanistan (October 3, 1901 - February 20, 1919)
- Emir Amanullah Khan - Emir of Afghanistan (February 28, 1919 - 1926)
- King Amanullah Khan - King of Afghanistan (1926 - January 14, 1929)
- Queen Soraya Tarzi (w. of King Amanullah Khan) (November 29, 1899 - April 20, 1968).
- King Inayatullah Khan (January 14, 1929 - January 17, 1929).
- Mahmud Tarzi - Poet, Author and Diplomat. Credited for the modernization of Afghanistan.
- Sardar Ghulam Muhammad Tarzi - Poet, Ruler of Kandahar & Baluchistan.
- Sardar Rahmdil Khan - Ruler of Kandahar & Baluchistan.
- Sardar Payinda Khan - Ruler of Kandahar & Baluchistan. Father of All Mohammadzai's
- King Mohammed Nadir Shah (October 17, 1929 - November 8, 1933).
- King Mohammed Zahir Shah (November 8, 1933 - July 17, 1973.)
- President Mohammed Daoud Khan (First Afghan President) (July 18, 1973 - April 28, 1978)
- Pashtun tribes
- Barakzai dynasty
- Bani Israel
- Ten Lost Tribes
- Tribe of Benjamin