Mohammad Khaled Hossain
|Mohammad Khaled Hossain|
|Born||Mohammad Khaled Hossain
|Died||May 21, 2013|
|Other names||Sajal Khaled|
|Occupation||Mountaineer, film director|
|Known for||Being the 5th Bangladeshi to reach the top of Mount Everest.|
Mohammed Khaled Hossain (Bengali: মোহাম্মদ খালেদ হোসেন) also known as Sajal Khaled was a Bangladeshi mountaineer and film director. He was the 5th Bangladeshi to reach the summit of Mount Everest. He reached the summit around 10:00am and 11:00am BST on May 21, 2013 and hoisted flag of Bangladesh on the apex of the world. Descending from Mount Everest he died. The accident might have occurred a few hours after he had reached the peak.
Khaled Hossain (Sajal) studied at Adamjee Cantonment Public School & College. He passed his SSC in 1993 and HSC in 1995. Sajal graduated with BSc (Hons.) in Computer Science from the Bangalore University, India and Masters in Media Technology and Engineering from University of Applied Science, Cologne, Germany. He also had a Diploma in Graphics, Animation and Web Engineering.
Mohammad Khaled Hossain is the youngest among the six children of his parents. His father's name is Abdul Aziz Shakider (a retired deputy director of Bangladesh Bank) and mother's name is Late Sufia Begum. He got married to Tahmina Khan Saily, Entrepreneur. Their only son is Susmit Hossain.
Success on Mount Everest
Khaled got to the peak between 10:00am and 11:00am on the day. The accident might have occurred a few hours after he had reached the summit.
- Mount Frey (Sikkim, India), 2006
- Makalu, 2009
- Himalaya Bangladesh-Nepal Friendship Peak, 2010
- Sindhu Chuli Mount (Nepal), 2011 
Sajal Kaled was the director of the movie "Kajoler Dinratri".For making this movie he got the national grant in 2012 and it was released on the 2013. Beside this full length movie he had also made several documentary films. Among them Ekattorer Shobdoshena (একাত্তরের শব্দসেনা), Bangladesh, The Land of Smiles, and A Climactic report from Bangladesh are the most notable ones.
- http://www.thedailystar.net/beta2/news/everest-expedition-ends-in-tragedy/ The Daily Star
- http://dhakatribune.com/bangladesh/2013/may/21/bangladeshi-climber-dies-everest The Daily Dhaka Tribune
- http://www.banglanews24.com/detailsnews.php?nssl=c4dadd3d8c423e87ff7604cd2b6ed75b&nttl=21052013198053 Banglanews 24 dot com
- "এভারেস্ট ঝরে গেল বাংলাদেশির প্রাণ". Prothom Alo. May 22, 2013. Retrieved May 22, 2013.
- "Everest triumph ends in tragedy". The Daily Star. May 22, 2013. Retrieved May 22, 2013.