|Birth name||Syed Mohammed Aziz-un-Nabi|
|Also known as||Munna|
|Born||2 July 1954 (age 59)
He was born in a spiritual family. His nickname is Munna and his real name is Syed Mohammed Aziz-un-Nabi. Being an ardent lover of music and Mohammed Rafi, he started singing from the very childhood and gained appraisal. Very soft spoken and versatile with a high vocal quality and a sweet voice, he became the favourite of music lovers and his number of fans grew.
Aziz started out his musical career as a singer in a renowned restaurant GHALIB in Calcutta. He got a big break when the music director Anu Malik got him to sing the song Mard Taangewala for the movie Mard, picturised on Bollywood superstar Amitabh Bachchan, People thought it was a Shabbir Kumar's song and that was one of the reasons of the song to be a hit and then Aziz became a popular singer, and was patronised by leading music directors including Kalyanji-Anandji, Laxmikant-Pyarelal, Rahul Dev Burman, Naushad, O. P. Nayyar, Bappi Lahiri, Rajesh Roshan, Usha Khanna, Anand-Milind, Nadeem-Shravan, Jatin Lalit, Anu Malik, Anand Raj Anand and Aadesh Shrivastava.
Mohd. Aziz is now busy in the Oriya film industry. He has sung several Oriya bhajans, private albums, and Oriya film songs since 1985. Some of his Oriya bhajans (Lord Jagannath's Bhajans) are famous almost in every Oriya family. He has been performing many stage shows in India and abroad. Mohd. Aziz was nominated twice for best male playback singer award. Mohd. Aziz was very close to Laxmikant Pyarelal; After Laxmi-Pyare, his career went down and other music directors took to other singers such as Udit Narayan. Mohd. Aziz is one of the most versatile and authentic singers who had equally good command over classical as well as non classical music. At his peak, he used to be considered as an heir to Mohd. Rafi. He is one of the rare singers who can sing at the 7th note (saatwan sur) - example being his song, "Saare Shikawe Gile Bhulaa Ke Kaho". Laxmi-Pyare recognized his potential very early and repeated him in a lot of their movies.
He has done playback singing for famous actors such as Amitabh Bachchcan, Govinda, Rishi Kapoor, Mithun chakraborty and several others.
1. Mein teri mohabbat mein pagal ho jaaungaa (tridev).
2. Aye Watan Tere Liye Karma (1986 film) 1986, Music by Laxmikant-Pyarelal
3. Lal Duppata Malmal ka 1989, Music by Anand-Milind
4. Aayee Milan Ki Raat 1991, Music by Anand-Milind.
5. Laila Ko Bhool Jayenge Saugandh (1991), Music by Anand-Milind.
6. Kab Tak Chup Rahungi - 1988.
7. Mohabbat Ki Hai Humne
8. Aaja Ke Meri Jaan Ko (1988)
9. Mere Malik Mere Data (1990)
10. Insaan Kitna Gir Gaya (1991)
11. Meri Hasrat 1
12. Shadi Se Pehle Mujhko Nahin Chuma
13. Makhdoom Shah Baba (1990)
14. Bhakat Hai Vo Bada
15. Meri Hasrat 2
16. Yeh Pandrah Solah Satra (1990)
17. Jai Ganesh Jai Ganesh
18. Pyara Ghar Hamaara
19. Aaja Ranjhan Yara Aaja (1988)
20. Pani Khoon Nahin Banta
21. Kaal Bhairavji Mangal Kari
23. Ishqe Di Dor Na Toote (1988)
24. Insaan Bnanewale (2001)
25. Khatron Ke Khiladi (Sad)(2001)
26. Chhathi Maharani
27. Mujhko Pina Hey Pine Do
28. Shuru Shuru Ki Ye Mulaqaten
29. Apni Aankhon Ke Sitaron Mein(1991)
30. Aap Ke Aa Jane Se (Khudgarz-1987)
31. Aaj Kal Yaad Kuch Aur Rahta Nahin (Nagina-1986)
32. Jab Se Hui Hai Mohabbat (Khooni Raat-1991)
Admi Khilona he(1993)