|Full name||Muhammad Gambo|
|Date of birth||10 March 1988|
|Place of birth||Kano, Nigeria|
|Height||1.87 m (6 ft 1 1⁄2 in)|
|Kano Pillars F.C.|
|2006–||Kano Pillars F.C.||163||(77)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 7 June 2013.
† Appearances (Goals).
Muhammad Gambo (born 10 March 1988), also known as Muhammed, is a footballer who plays for Kano Pillars F.C. in the Nigeria Premier League. He is a strong and powerful centre forward.
Gambo moved to his current club Kano Pillars from Buffalo F.C. in 2006 and has since been a sensation for his current club scoring over 60 goals in league and cup competitions. He was tipped to replace Ekigho Ehiosun at Turkish club Samsunspor in the August transfer window after scoring 15 goals in the Nigerian league in the 2012 season with 5 goals in the Cup. In July 2013 he was close to signing with Tunisian club Club Africain, but contract negotiations broke down.
Gambo Muammed was called up to the Nigerian national football team otherwise known as the Super Eagles by Former coach Samson Siasia for a tournament in America but could not make his debut due to the competition being cancelled. He has since called on the new Nigeria manager Stephen Keshi to give him a chance in his new setup after injuries plagued his return.
In June 2013 He was selected by Nigerian coach Stephen Keshi to represent Nigeria in the 2013 FIFA Confederations Cup He was one of the 8 locally based players that made the list, the only striker and has widely been regarded as one of the best strikers in the Nigeria Premier League in the last few seasons On 6 July 2013, Gambo got his first international goal when he scored for Nigeria's B team in the CAF CHAN qualifier against Côte d'Ivoire at the Ahmadu Bello Stadium, Kaduna.
Gambo watches videos of The Great Brazilian Ronaldo and is a Big Fan. As quoted Below from Fifa.com Muhammad Gambo is one of several Nigerian-based players that Super Eagles coach Stephen Keshi has called up for the FIFA Confederations Cup Brazil 2013. However, unlike most of the other locally-based players, Gambo is not a talented youngster embarking on his career, but a seasoned professional, who has spent several seasons campaigning in the Nigerian top flight. The 25-year-old also brings the experience of playing in the CAF Champions League with him, having advanced to the semi-finals with Kano Pillars in 2009. The Kano captain last year seemed close to moving to Turkey, but the transfer fell through in the end. It is not something that causes him great consternation. "I don't want to rush anything, when it is time I will go and play in Europe." Gambo was first called up to the Super Eagles in 2010 but the matches were cancelled and he had to wait on the sidelines until he was given the nod by Keshi recently for Nigeria's friendly against Mexico, two 2014 FIFA World Cup™ qualifiers as well as the Confederations Cup. The tournament provides Gambo with an opportunity to play in the country of his idol, Ronaldo. "I want to be like Ronaldo of Brazil. He is my role model. It will be great to be like him. I want to make a name for myself as he did," he recently told journalists. Gambo rejected offers from Iranian premier division called zobahan, and looking forward to play in European clubs.
- Kano Pillars F.C.
- Champions (2): 2007–08, 2011–12
- Runners-up (1): 2009–10
- Nigerian Super Cup
- Runners-up (1): 2012
Goal Scoring record
At Buffalo F.C. 2006 – 16 goals.
At Kano Pillars F.C. 2006/2007 – 6 goals.
Kano Pillars F.C. 2007/2008 – 8 goals.
Kano Pillars F.C. 2008/2009 – 10 goals.
Kano Pillars F.C. 2009/2010 – 12 goals.
Kano Pillars F.C. 2010/2011 – 10 goals.
- "Brasil 2013 : FIFA Confederation Cup : Brazil players". Pt.fifa.com. Retrieved 10 November 2013.
- "Nigeria league star of the week: Gambo Mohammed". MTNFootball. 10 March 1988. Retrieved 10 November 2013.
- "NPL Star of the Week: Gambo Mohammed". MTNFootball. 10 March 1988. Retrieved 10 November 2013.
- "Gambo Mohammed to replace Ehiosun". MTNFootball. Retrieved 10 November 2013.
- "Pillars' dangerman, Gambo Mohammed, out of Fed Cup semi". Soccer Press. Retrieved 10 November 2013.
- "Gambo in a new twist – SuperSport – Football". SuperSport. Retrieved 10 November 2013.
- Gambo’s Tunisia move evaporates Starafrica.com. 27 July 2013.
- "Nigeria coach Siasia names 20 for Green Bowl tourney – News". Kick Off. 20 February 2011. Retrieved 10 November 2013.
- "Super Eagles left in the cold at Obama Cup – News". Kick Off. 26 February 2011. Retrieved 10 November 2013.
- [dead link]
- "Gambo riding on hard work for Kenya – SuperSport – Football". SuperSport. Retrieved 10 November 2013.
- "FIFA Confederations Cup Brazil 2013: Nigeria – Squad List". FIFA.com. Retrieved 10 November 2013.
- "Account Suspended". Nigerianpremierleague.com.ng. Retrieved 10 November 2013.
- "Nigeria to take new-look squad to Confederations Cup". BBC Sport. 9 June 2013. Retrieved 10 June 2013.
- Inyang, Ifreke (6 July 2013). "CHAN qualifiers: Super Eagles defeat Cote d'Ivoire 4–1 in first leg – DailyPost Nigeria – DailyPost Nigeria". Dailypost.com.ng. Retrieved 10 November 2013.
- Gambo MUHAMMAD (23 June 2013). "FIFA Confederations Cup Brazil 2013". FIFA.com. Retrieved 10 November 2013.