July 20, 1954 |
Pontiac, Illinois, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Gary Sinise (1981-present)|
Moira Harris (born July 20, 1954) is an American actress.
Harris was born in Pontiac, Illinois and is Catholic. She graduated from Illinois State University in Normal, Illinois. During her college years, she met her husband Gary Sinise, and they have been married since 1981. They have 3 children.
Harris has starred in such films as One More Saturday Night, Of Mice and Men, and Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines. She also played the evil trucker's wife in the Kurt Russell movie Breakdown. She has made a guest appearances on the TV shows Karen Sisco, The Equalizer, and Crime Story. At one time, she was a member of the Steppenwolf Theatre Company that Gary Sinise was instrumental in establishing. In 1987 she won an Chicago / Midwest Emmy Award for her role in Murder in Green Meadows. She starred in Disney's Tall Tale in 1995, as well.
- Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (2003)
- Chicago Cab (1998)
- Breakdown (1997)
- Three Wishes (1995)
- Tall Tale (1995)
- Nannie & Alex (1995)
- Between Love and Hate (1993) (TV)
- Of Mice and Men (1992)
- Miles from Home (1988)
- One More Saturday Night (1986)
- Welcome Home, Bobby (1986) (TV)
- The Fantasist (1986)
- Sinise’s Catholic Hurricane. National Catholic Register. Published: 17 December 2008.
- "Gary Sinise". National Catholic Reporter (BNET). 2005-11-25. Retrieved 2010-08-10. "Sinise thanked his wife of 29 years, actress Moira Harris, for leading their family by her decision to embrace her Catholic faith,..."
- Steppenwolf's Odd Couple, chicagotribune.com, retrieved March 4, 2014
- 1986 to 1988 Chicago Emmy Award Winners, chicagoemmyonline.org, retrieved March 4, 2014