||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2010)|
Moira Lambert is a British singer and recording artist.
Moira began singing, playing acoustic guitar and song-writing as a child in Africa, largely influenced by the Celtic folk songs her parents taught her. While at school in the UK she became a fan of the British indie scene, enjoying acts like The Smiths and The Cure, later exploring vintage records by artists like Sandy Denny, Neil Young and Joni Mitchell.
Lambert has studied at the Conservatory of Music, playing in coffee bars and worked with Spanish cellist, pianist and composer Dan Anies, who co-wrote two of the songs on Moira’s first solo album 'Coming Up Roses' (released October 2006).
Polygram gave her a publishing deal and UK independent label Big Cat Records signed Moira as a teenager. She stayed there, touring the UK with Lush and Slowdive and Europe with label mates Jeff Buckley and Heather Nova (whose first recording Moira contributed backing vocals to) until the label was bought out by V2 records in 1996.
After co-writing the top 20 UK chart hit, "Skin on Skin", with Paul Oakenfold for his Grace project, Moira formed Ova, releasing a 3 track single, Universal Audio on UK independent label Global Warming. Since Ova broke up in January 2000, Moira has collaborated with Freeloader and Data, both UK electronica acts in the vein of Trip Hop, and contributed backing vocals to Tram’s album, A Kind of Closure, released on UK’s Jet Set Records.
Moira Lambert relocated to Victoria, British Columbia, Canada, in 2002. Following the release of her first solo album in 2006, Moira wrote and performed the theme music for a Chum Television documentary 'Survival of the Fittest: Stories from the West Coast Trail' with Fox.She released the album 'Climbing Mountains In The Night' in 2008.
She then collaborated on an album of club mixes with composer Luke Parkin, also produced by Fox. Moira’s music is eclectic ranging from folky to stylized pop.
- Saint Etienne, Only Love Will Break Your Heart on Fox Base Beta 2009
- Moira, Climbing Mountains in the Night (EP),
- Blissful BLS0003 2008
- Corwin Fox & Moira, Survival of the Fittest: Stories from the West Coast Trail soundtrack, Chiaro productions, 2007
- Luke Parkin, Classitronica (EP), 2007
- Moira, Barefoot in the Snow (Limited Edition single) Blissful BLS0002, 2006
- Moira, Coming Up Roses (LP), Blissful BLSS001, 2006
- Tram, A Kind of Closure (LP), Jet Set 780045, 2002
- Ova, Universal Audio (single) Global Warming WARMCD1, 1998
- Grace (Paul Oakenfold) (single),
- Skin on Skin Perfecto PERF116T, 1996
- Faith Over Reason, Easy (LP) Big Cat ABB63CD, 1994
- Faith Over Reason, Blind (12” EP) Big Cat ABB58CD, 1994
- Faith Over Reason, Eyes Wide Smile (LP) Big Cat ABB27X, 1991
- St Etienne, Only Love Can Break Your Heart (single) Heavenly HVN12, 1990
- Faith Over Reason, Billy Blue (12” EP) Big Cat SCD023, 1990
- Faith Over Reason, Faith Over Reason (12” EP) Big Cat ABB17T, 1990
- Heather Nova, These Walls (12” EP) Big Cat ABB24T, 1990
- moirasings.com - official Moira Lambert Website