Moisés E. Molina High School
|Moisés E. Molina High School|
|2355 Duncanville Road
Dallas, TX 75211
|Motto||Pride and Excellence in Education.|
|School district||Dallas Independent School District|
|Number of students||2,007|
|Color(s)||Black and Teal|
|Trustee dist.||6, Carla Ranger|
|Area||6, James Ponce|
Moisés E. Molina High School is a public secondary school in the Oak Cliff area of Dallas, Texas (USA). Molina High School is part of the Dallas Independent School District. It serves students from parts of southwestern Dallas and parts of Cockrell Hill.
|“||On Nov. 8, 1947, I became the newest citizen of McAllen, Texas. I was child number five to my parents, three brothers, and one sister. Church was the central activity in my family, and it was in church that I discovered my love for music. At the age of six, I was in piano classes, and I kept studying music all through school.
Music was my love, but teaching did not enter my thoughts until high school. Many teachers have lengthy explanations about why they chose teaching as a career. I know exactly why and when I decided to teach. The assistant band director at my high school cared about me. Watching him at work, I decided to be like him. I believe all teachers pursue the profession because of a role model. One of my biggest challenges has been to be the kind of role model that my favorite teacher was.
The school also has the Jaguar Marching Band, Choir, Mariachi, Orchestra, Dance Company, Cheerleading, the Rosettes (Drill Team), etc.
The attendance rate for students at the school is 92%, in contrast to a state average of 96%. 80% of the students at Molina are economically disadvantaged, 7% are enrolled in special education, 9% are enrolled in gifted and talented programs, and 22% are considered to be "limited English proficient."
Teachers at the school carry, on average, 10 years of teaching experience and 9% of the teachers on staff are first-year teachers.
Sharmisa Garner - Contestant on the 2nd season of For the Love of Ray J
As of 2006, L. V. Stockard and part of W.E Greiner and Quintanilla are the middle schools that feeds into Molina.
The five elementary schools (all PK-6) that feed into Molina are Mary McLeod Bethune, Arturo Salazar, L.P. Cowart, Celestrino Mauricio Soto Jr. Elementary School.
- Dallas ISD - Moisés E. Molina High School. Retrieved 4 October 2006.
- Texas Education Agency - School Directory - type in school number "057905006" and select "view report." Retrieved 4 October 2006.
- Dallas ISD - Schools by Trustee. (PDF). Retrieved 4 October 2006.
- Dallas ISD - Schools by Area. (PDF). Retrieved 4 October 2006.
- Folklorico Jaguara - Jaguara History. Retrieved 4 October 2006.
- FindArticles.com - High School Dancers Step Into Culture And Confidence - Ballet Folklórico Jaguara at Moisés E. Molina High School, Texas. Retrieved 4 October 2006.
- Great Schools - Moisés E. Molina High School - Dallas, Texas. Information originally from the Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 4 October 2006.
- Dallas ISD - 2006 School Feeder Patterns - Moisés E. Molina High School. Retrieved 4 October 2006.
- Molina High School
- Folklórico Jaguara
- Dallas ISD listing for Moisés E. Molina High School
- School profile (PDF)
- Attendance zone map (PDF)