|Key people||Barkin Secen|
Communication standard: Moldcell has a license to work in GSM standard on frequencies from 900 to 1800 MHz in UMTS standard on frequency of 2100 as well as in LTE standard on frequency of 2600 MHz.
Moldcell started its operations in Moldova in April 2000 having launched a new phase in the development of mobile communication sector in Moldova. Moldcell shareholders are: MolFintur SRL holding 1% of the shares and Fintur Holdings BV owning 99% of the shares. By means of Moldcell Fintur marks one of its successful accomplishments on the market of Eastern Europe.
Moldcell is a dynamic GSM operator that aims to satisfy its customers through high quality services and products in Moldova.
The high tech infrastructure and equipment, qualified human resources as well as the shareholders's experience and support make it possible for Moldcell to provide the right services to every segment on the market.
As for May 1, 2011, Moldcell network is available to 97.35% of population on 96.81% of the territory of Moldova.
Moldcell was the first operator in the Republic of Moldova that started providing such services as SMS, Roaming for prepaid packages and per-second charging, WAP/Internet Access, GPRS, EDGE and 3G, which means innovative approach for the benefit of GSM users.
Moldcell offers products and services to its customers by means of a developed sales network on the entire territory of the Republic.
Moldcell network codes are:
0780xxxxx 0781xxxxx 0782xxxxx 0783xxxxx 0784xxxxx 0788xxxxx 079xxxxxx
Internationally they have the form:
+373780xxxxx +373781xxxxx +373782xxxxx +373783xxxxx +373784xxxxx +373788xxxxx +37379xxxxxx
Display on the phone screen: MD Moldcell, Moldcell, MD-02 or 259 02 in dependence from the phone type.
Moldcell begun its activity in Moldova on April 28, 2000. With its launch in Moldova, Moldcell introduced the first prepaid package (Alocard), as well as services such as SMS, MMS, Call ME etc., and advanced technologies like GPRS/EDGE and Camel.
On October 1, 2008 Moldcell launched its own 3.5G network, providing such services as high-speed mobile internet with speeds up to 7.2Mbit/s, Video call and Mobile TV.
On April 27, 2010 Moldcell changed its theme colors and logo.
According to the information posted on its official site, Moldcell is owned by:
- Fintur Holdings B.V — 99% share (58.55% of the share belongs to TeliaSonera, 41.45% — to Turkcell).
- MolFintur SRL — 1% share.
Moldcell signed an agreement with ezetop to provide the sale of international mobile phone top-up to the Diaspora around the world. Top-up will be sold via ezetop’s retail distribution network, the largest in the world, and online at their website, ezetop.
- GSM/GPRS Territory coverage - 97.15%, Population coverage - 96.81%
- 3,5G coverage in all large cities of Moldova
- Number of subscribers: 1115000, 27% of the mobile market
- Voice roaming: in 139 countries in 250 networks
- GPRS roaming: in 62 countries in 118 networks
- prepaid roaming based on Camel technology: 29 countries in 50 networks
During the years Moldcell received prizes like:
- “The State Award for Quality” - Moldcell received the 1st degree award and laureate diploma.
- “The Best Tax-Payer of the Year 2007” - nearly 180 applications were submitted by economic units. Moldcell received the Grand Prix for the third year consecutively;
- “The Trademark of the Year 2007” – Moldcell brand became the winner of the Grand Prix - a “Golden Mercury” statuette – for the third time in a row. 75 applications were registered in this contest.
- Friends & Family - Call on 5 Moldcell numbers with 50% discount.
- IPcell - International calls via IP.
- Voicemail - Receive voice messages.
- CAMEL Roaming
- Happy Hours - Special call plans for evenings and weekends.
- MultiSMS - Buy 20, 30, 50 and 100 SMS plans with discount.
- Send Me Sport - Receive Sports news.
- New Mail - Receive SMS notification of new mail (works with gmail, mail.ru and mail.md)
- CallNOTES - Receive SMS notifications about missed calls if the phone was turned off or the recipient was outside the coverage area.
- SMSPlus - Send SMS on any e-mail.
- INFOCELL - Receive latest news reports.
- CallME - Send free SMS to any other Moldcell number asking to call back.
- Mobile Price - Service that allows users to get best prices on mobile phones.
- Fax/Data - Send/Receive fax messages.
- HSCSD - Ability to enhance data transfer rates in GSM networks.
- GPRS Roaming
- MMI - High-speed data transfer service.
- Moldcell Data Kit - Mobile internet (requires special modem)
- Moldcell Transport Manager - Online traffic monitoring service.