Molly Wood (February 2010)
|Born||Molly Kristin Wood
May 23, 1975
|Education||University of Montana|
|Known for||Technology Podcast Host|
Molly Kristin Wood (born May 23, 1975) is the tech correspondent and backup host with Marketplace. She has previously held positions as an executive editor at CNET.com as well as a writer for Associated Press, MacHome Journal magazine, O'Reilly Media, and the deputy technology editor for the Business Day section of the New York Times.. Wood hosted the "Gadgettes" podcast with Kelly Morrison and "The Buzz Report", a technology video news column that was published weekly. She has appeared in mainstream media shows such as Live! With Regis and Kelly, American Public Media's Marketplace, and CNBC's On the Money and was the co-host of the Buzz Out Loud podcast with Tom Merritt, then Brian Tong, which ended in early 2012.
Molly Wood was born in Helena, Montana. She has a BA in journalism with a major in French from the University of Montana-Missoula. During her senior year (June 1996 - May 1997) she served as the Editor-in-Chief of the The Montana Kaimin, the daily student newspaper of the University of Montana. Upon graduation, she took a job as a reporter at The Missoulian. In July 1997, she joined the Associated Press, handling a variety of both general news and sports stories in the Western United States.
Wood is well known for being the host of CNET tech show Always On, in addition to her podcast "It's a Thing," an effort reuniting her with former BOL co-host Tom Merritt. She is also a guest commentator for American Public Media's programs Marketplace and the Marketplace Morning Report. On October 7, 2013, Wood announced she would leave CNET at the end of that month in order to pursue independent projects. She took part in several panels at CES 2014. In January of 2014, Wood announced via her personal blog that she will be joining the New York Times.
- Molly Wood and Tom Merritt (2007-10-12). "Buzz Out Loud 581: The Final EULA!". http://bol.cnet.com (Podcast). Retrieved November 11, 2007.
- "Molly Wood Marketplace.org". Marketplace.org. Retrieved 2015-04-15.
- "Molly Wood Joins New York Times". NYTimes.com. Retrieved 2014-01-22.
- "CNET launches Podcast Central". The Online Reporter (494): 10. 2006-05-27. Retrieved 2007-11-23.
- "Molly Wood Guest Commentator". Marketplace.org. Retrieved 2013-10-08.
- Wood, Molly (2013-10-07). "Next steps and new adventures". Molly Rants. Retrieved 2013-10-08.
- "I'm Going To The New York Times!". themolly.com. Retrieved 2014-01-27.