Momence Township, Kankakee County, Illinois
|Established||May 9, 1853|
|• Supervisor||David Clifton|
|• Total||42.92 sq mi (111.2 km2)|
|• Land||42.45 sq mi (109.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.47 sq mi (1.2 km2) 1.10%|
|Elevation||620 ft (189 m)|
|• Density||90/sq mi (30/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||60940, 60954|
|GNIS feature ID||0429380|
Momence Township is one of seventeen townships in Kankakee County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 3,820 and it contained 1,655 housing units. Momence Township is one of the original six townships of Kankakee County, Illinois; when first created the township encompassed land now in Sumner, Ganeer, and Pembroke Townships. It was a township of Will County until Kankakee County was created.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 42.92 square miles (111.2 km2), of which 42.45 square miles (109.9 km2) (or 98.90%) is land and 0.47 square miles (1.2 km2) (or 1.10%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Momence (east half)
- Ahern at
- Edgetown at
- Garden of Eden at
- Illiana Heights at
- Lake at
- Litchfield at
- Log Cabin Camp at
- River at
- Shadow Lawn at
- Ward at
- Woodland at
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Yellowhead Township (north)
- West Creek Township, Lake County, Indiana (northeast)
- Lake Township, Newton County, Indiana (east)
- Pembroke Township (south)
- Ganeer Township (west)
- Sumner Township (northwest)
The township contains these two cemeteries: Saint Judes and Shrontz.
Airports and landing strips
- Johnson Airport
- Mirror Lake
- Island Park
The township is governed by an elected Town Board of a Supervisor and four Trustees. The Township also has an elected Assessor, Clerk, Highway Commissioner and Supervisor. The Township Office is located at 203 East River Street, Momence, IL 60954.
- Illinois' 11th congressional district
- State House District 79
- State Senate District 40
- Momence Community Unit School District 1
- "Momence Township, Kankakee County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-02-20.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.