Mommy's Little Girl
|Publisher||St. Martin's Press|
|November 3, 2009|
Mommy's Little Girl: Casey Anthony and her Daughter Caylee's Tragic Fate is a 2009 biographical true crime book by novelist Diane Fanning about 2-year-old Caylee Anthony’s disappearance from her Florida home in July 2008. This was the first book released about the case.
Casey Anthony, Caylee's mother, who was indicted for first-degree murder in the death, faced a capital murder charge in her trial. On the eve of jury selection, author Fanning appeared as a commentator on TruTV's "InSession." After the jury acquitted Anthony, Fanning told My San Antonio that she was "stunned" by the "not guilty" verdict.
The Orlando Sentinel, in its 2009 book review, wrote that Fanning "tirelessly recounts the young woman's lying ways, theorizes how Anthony might have disposed of her daughter and concludes that Anthony is 'an individual whose self-absorption and insensitivity to others is a destructive force.'"
The producers of CBS's "48 Hours" wrote in their review, "This timely account weaves together the details surrounding this highly publicized case. And WKMG-Channel 6 in Orlando gave it a thumbs up, saying the book "condenses those thousands and thousands of court documents into an easy-to-read story."
- It's a Mystery To Me book review blog, "Mommy’s Little Girl first book on Caylee and Casey Anthony to be released in November," June 12, 2009
- Orlando Sentinel, "1st Casey Anthony book details Casey's litany of lies," October 6, 2009
- ImagePublicity.com, "Diane Fanning Appearing on InSession as Commentator on the Casey Anthony Trial," March 1, 2011
- My San Antonio, "New Braunfels crime author: ‘Stunned’ by Casey Anthony verdict," July 5, 2011
- Orlando Sentinel, "Casey Anthony: ‘Mommy’s Little Girl’ compiles history of lies," October 2009
- "48 Hours" CRIMEINSIDER, "Book 'Em: Mommy's Little Girl -- Casey Anthony and her Daughter Caylee's Tragic Fate, November 9, 2009
- Orlando Sentinel's Hal Boedeker, "The TV Guy" blog, "Casey Anthony: WKMG gives thumbs-up to book on Casey Anthony case," September 26, 2009