Momotaro Densetsu (桃太郎伝説 Momotarō Densetsu?, Peachboy Legend) (also known by the abbreviated name Momoden) is a role-playing video game series in Japan featuring the character Momotarō from Japanese folklore, as well as other Japanese folklore characters such as Kintarō, Urashima Tarō, and Princess Kaguya of The Tale of the Bamboo Cutter.
Started in 1987, the series was initially produced by Hudson Soft. Konami absorbed the company in 2012, and thus now owns the rights to the series. The title is sometimes confused with that of Momotaro Dentetsu, another video game series by Hudson Soft. As with Momotaro Dentetsu, the project supervisor for the Momotaro Densetsu series is Akira Sakuma, with illustration by Takayuki Doi (土居 孝幸?) and main music production by Kazuyuki Sekiguchi of Southern All Stars.
In addition to the Momotaro Densetsu and Momotaro Dentetsu series, Hudson has produced several other video games in the Momotaro franchise, including the Momotaro Festival (桃太郎まつり Momotarō Matsuri?) series, the Momotaro Thunderbolt (桃太郎電劇 Momotarō Dengeki?) series, and Momotaro Katsugeki (桃太郎活劇?).
- Momotaro Densetsu (桃太郎伝説?) (Famicom: 1987-10-26, Sharp X68000: 1988-02-26, PlayStation: 1998-12-23)
- Momotaro Densetsu Turbo (桃太郎伝説ターボ?) (PC Engine: 1990-07-20)
- Momotaro Densetsu Ⅱ (桃太郎伝説Ⅱ?) (PC Engine: 1990-12-22)
- Momotaro Densetsu Gaiden (桃太郎伝説外伝?) (Game Boy: 1991-12-26, PC Engine: 1992-12-04, Famicom: 1993-12-17)
- Shin Momotaro Densetsu (新桃太郎伝説?) (Super Famicom: 1993-12-24)
- Momotaro Densetsu 1→2 (桃太郎伝説1→2?) (Game Boy Color: 2001-01-01)
- Momotaro Densetsu Mobile (桃太郎伝説モバイル?) (i-mode: 2011-04-18, Yahoo! Keitai (Yahoo!ケータイ?): 2011-04-28)
- Momotaro Densetsu at GameFAQs
- Momotaro Densetsu Gaiden at GameFAQs
- Official site
- Momotaro games at Hudson.co.jp
|This article about a role-playing video game is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|