The term has a dedicated section on the Entrepreneur.com website. There is also a Canadian magazine devoted to the topic, The MOMpreneur Magazine. A 2011 MSNBC article declared the rise of the mompreneur to be a hot trend in the small business sector.
Investopedia adds that "mompreneurs are a relatively new trend in entrepreneurship, and have come to increase prominence in the internet age, with the internet allowing entrepreneurs to sell products out of the home rather than relying on foot traffic to brick-and-mortar business.
Other examples of mompreneur coverage by major news outlets include the nationally syndicated weekly advice column "Ask the Mompreneur" published by The Charlotte Observer website, the city's largest daily publication.
- Work-life balance (United States)
- Work-life balance
- Work-Life-Balance in Germany
- Working Mother
- Entrepreneur (magazine)
In the UK also known as Mumpreneur
- "5 successful 'mompreneurs'". Small Business on MSNBC. Retrieved 6/9/11.
- "Mompreneur Center". Entrepreneur. Entrepreneur Media, Inc. Retrieved 6/9/11.
- "The MOMpreneur Magazine". Retrieved 6/9/11.
- "Investopedia explains Mompreneur". Retrieved 6/9/11.
- Palmer, Kimberly. "Behind the 'Mompreneur' Myth". U.S. News and World Report. Retrieved 6/9/11.
- Wong, Jennie. "Ask the Mompreneur". The Charlotte Observer. Retrieved 6/9/11.