|This article reads like a news release, or is otherwise written in an overly promotional tone. (October 2013)|
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (October 2013)|
|Awards||ASCAP’s 2011 “Woman Behind the Music” honoree|
Mona Scott-Young is the CEO of multi-media entertainment company Monami Entertainment—home to Grammy Award-winning artist Missy Elliott and VH1’s most popular docu-franchise “Love & Hip Hop.” In addition to “Love & Hip Hop,” the film and television division of Monami Entertainment has produced the spin-offs “Chrissy & Mr. Jones”, “K. Michelle: My Life” and “The Gossip Game”—all on VH1; “Donald Trump Presents: The Ultimate Merger” on TV One; “Cocaine: History Between the Lines” on the History Channel; “The Road to Stardom with Missy Elliott” on UPN (now The CW), as well as The New Atlanta, a docu-series on Bravo.
The Promise Keeper is the first feature film on the Monami slate.
While talent management, television, and film production are at the core of Monami Entertainment’s business, Scott-Young’s background in marketing has led her to brand and consumer product development. She is part owner and Chief Marketing Officer of Myx Fusions, a fruit-infused premium, ready-to-drink moscato beverage.
Mona’s business and philanthropic achievements have garnered recognition from a variety of prestigious organizations, including Black Enterprise, Vibe magazine, and The Hollywood Reporter. She has been honored with awards from the National Association of Black Female Executives in Music Entertainment, ASCAP’s “Woman Behind the Music” Award, “Marketer of the Year” by Ad Age, and she was recently recognized by the National Congress and Convention of Haitian-Americans. She currently serves on the board of The Haitian Roundtable, The RSQ Foundation, and The GrassROOTS Foundation.
Shows: Under Monami Entertainment
- Love & Hip Hop: New York (2011-Present) VH1
- Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta (2012-Present) VH1
- Love & Hip Hop: Hollywood (2014-Present) VH1
- This Is Hot 97 (2014-Present) VH1
- The New Atlanta (2013-Present) Bravo
- K. Michelle: My Life (2014-Present) VH1
- Chrissy & Mr. Jones (2012-2013) VH1
- The Gossip Game (2013) VH1
- Donald Trump Presents: The Ultimate Merger (2010) TV One
- Cocaine: History Between the Lines (2011) History Channel
- The Road to Stardom with Missy Elliott (2005) UPN
Films: Under Monami Entertainment
- The Promise Keeper (2013)
- "ASCAP Honors Janelle Monáe, Siedah Garrett, Monica and Other Leading Ladies in Music at 3rd Annual Women Behind the Music Series". ascap.com.
- Delerme, Felipe (May 8, 2013). "Personal History: Mona Scott-Young". TheFader.com. Retrieved July 16, 2013.
- Breslin, Susannah (July 15, 2013). "Nicki Minaj Battles Hip-Hop's Heavy Hitters For Booze Supremacy". Forbes.com. Retrieved July 17, 2013.
|This article about a United States businessperson is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|