Mona the Vampire
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2013)|
|Mona the Vampire|
"Show Us Your Fangs" DVD cover
|Created by||Sonia Holleyman|
|Country of origin||Canada|
|No. of seasons||4|
|No. of episodes||65|
|Executive producer(s)||Micheline Charest
|Running time||20 minutes (Two 10 minute episodes per show)|
|Production company(s)||Fancy Cape Productions
Canal J/TiJi (season 3)
Agogo Media (season 4)
Animation Services (season 3)
|Original run||September 13, 1999 – 2003|
Mona the Vampire is a Canadian animated television series directed by Louis Piché and Jean Caillon. The series is originally based on the short stories created and written by Sonia Holleyman and later written by Hiawyn Oram. It is mainly shown on YTV and CBBC. The series follows the extraordinary adventures of Mona Parker (a.k.a. Mona the Vampire) and her friends as they imagine themselves confronting a new supernatural foe in every episode (however there are always rational explanations for what they see.)
- 1 Characters
- 1.1 Mona Parker (Mona the Vampire)
- 1.2 Fang
- 1.3 Lenny and Veronica Parker
- 1.4 Charley Bones (Zapman)
- 1.5 Lily Duncan (Princess Giant)
- 1.6 Angela Smith
- 1.7 George Jamell
- 1.8 Officer Halcroft
- 1.9 Belinda
- 1.10 Lawrence
- 1.11 Reverend Gregory
- 1.12 Ivan Shawbly
- 1.13 Madeleine Gotto
- 1.14 Mrs. Bryerson
- 1.15 Mayor Rosenbaum
- 1.16 Von Kreepsula
- 2 Voice cast
- 3 Episode list
- 4 DVD release
- 5 Writing
- 6 Broadcast details
- 7 References
- 8 External links
Mona Parker (Mona the Vampire)
- Mona, the show's main protagonist, is a young girl with a vivid imagination. She believes her hometown is overrun with supernatural monsters and she plans to stop them all and save the town on a daily basis. Her alter ego, Mona the Vampire, has a "vampire sense" which tingles every time something odd happens. Although Mona's imagination can cause trouble at times, her imagination has proven to save the day more often than not. Sometimes at the end of an episode, they give hints that Mona was telling the truth all along.
- Mona's pet cat and sidekick that she ties unreal wings around (probably to make him look like a bat). Fang is her accomplice in the nether realms of her imagination. Most important of all, he is Mona's sounding-board and confidante, always by her side, ready and willing to follow her anywhere, anytime, no questions asked. And the fact that he can't talk back makes him the perfect sidekick. Positively gregarious, he's as keen as Mona when it comes to setting out on adventure.
Lenny and Veronica Parker
- Lenny and Veronica Parker are Mona's loving parents. Veronica Parker is a moral force to be reckoned with, while Lenny Parker is more light-hearted and has an imagination like Mona, and allows her to continue her fantasy life.
Charley Bones (Zapman)
- Charley is Mona's best friend. He wears glasses, and is an intelligent but scared boy in real life. His alter ego is Zapman, who wears a green costume and is armed with a deadly Zapp-A-Rama Gun (a water pistol in reality). Charley is bullied by George at school, but has stood up to him once or twice. Charley has fallen prey to some of Mona's foes including the Nefarious Computer Virus and a Siren (defeated by Mona, who was cast as Athena in the school production of Odysseus' adventures). Charlie knows a lot about science. Although he, like his friends, has a strong imagination he often needs Mona's help initially to see the "Strange things" suggesting he is slightly more grounded to reality although he is normally convinced unless the plot requires him to be a victim of the villain, when he usually ignores his friends. His hero is a daredevil known as the Man with Nine Lives, who he saves from being killed thanks to the Menacing Mechanical Gremlins. Always ready for action as his alter ego Zapman, Charley is the friend of Mona's most likely to get into as much trouble as she does.
Lily Duncan (Princess Giant)
- Lily is Mona's second best friend. Before she was a quiet, shy girl who had her hair covering her eyes. She soon became Princess Giant, a braver and stronger version of Lily (a secret identity suggested after Lily expressed the rather boring idea of being 'big' as a characteristic superpower). Lily once fell in love with a cartoon character. She has also been in troubling situations such as when Frankenstein was going to transplant her brain. In an episode involving a werewolf, she refused to be used as bait in a trap for the beast, insisting it was sexist and leading to a reluctant Charley being used instead.
- Angela is Mona's snobbish rival in the series. Often, Angela boasts about her wealth to her classmates and often enlists George in her schemes to cause problems for Mona. Her parents won the lottery and spoil her rotten.
- Known as George Dumol in French. A school bully who refers to Mona, Lily, and Charley as "a bunch of babies in Halloween costumes" and picks on Charley most of the time but is not that tough when confronted. He is often seen with Angela. Not only is he a bully, but he's also a tattletale extraordinaire. If there is mischief occurring to which he is not a part of or if students haven't done their homework, George is there to tell Ms. Gotto. George is thick, mean, and like all successful bullies, he has a preference for bullying those smaller than him. Worst of all, his tattling has made him the Principal's pet, so the Principal won't lift a finger to discipline him. That and the fact that he is Principal Shawbly's nephew.
- The chief of local police. He's become used to Mona's antics, and is quick to offer a more rational explanation to Mona's stories, which, ironically, Mona finds rather outlandish and unbelievable.
- Mona's babysitter. Mona thinks that she's a robot. In reality, she just knows a lot about robots and is a very nice person, who, on several occasions, helps Mona due to being good at controlling younger kids. She was also misled by Angela (who she also babysits) into believing Mona was a bad person, but quickly learned this was untrue.
- One of Mona's classmates. He is a minor character.
- The local reverend.
- The stern principal of St. Faith's Elementary. He has no time for Mona's weird behaviour and is quick to discipline her. Mona once suspected him of being a werewolf when he began acting suspiciously (the 'rational' explanation for his odd behaviour was that he had bought a dog as a birthday present for his wife and was walking it in remote locations to keep it a secret until Mrs Shawbly's birthday).
- Mona's teacher. She is very stern, she has a habit of falling in love easily. She is often exasperated by Mona's strange ideas and arguments for supernatural occurrences which are ordinary events.
- Mona's elderly neighbour. She has a poodle named Blitzy.
- The town's bumbling mayor.
- Mona's nemesis. He is actually only a comic character who has supposedly had a duel with Mona, who sealed him into the comic book. He appeared twice in the show, once in the second episode when Charley accidentally left his comic book prison in the rain and let the ink run, thus freeing him (although he was "defeated and sealed" by Mona again). The second is in episode twenty-six, when Mona's little cousin took a bite off the book and freeing him again.
- Emma Taylor-Isherwood as Mona Parker
- Justin Bradley as Charley Bones until 2002
- Evan Smirnow as Charley Bones—replaced Justin Bradley in 2003.
- Carrie Finlay as Lily Duncan
- Carole Jeghers as Mrs. Parker
- Marcel Jeannin as Mr. Parker
- Tia Caroleo as Angela Smith
- Oliver Grainger as George Jamell until 2002
- James Harbour as George Jamell - replaced Oliver Grainger in 2003.
- Louis Negin as Reverend Gregory
- Gary Jewell as Officer Halcroft (1999–2002)
- Richard Dumont as Officer Halcroft (2003)
- Jennifer Seguin as Miss Gotto
- Rick Miller as Principal Shawbly (1999–2002)
- Stephen Spreekmeester as Principal Shawbly (2003)
- Sonja Ball as Mrs. Bryerson
- John Stocker as Mayor Rosenbaum
- Michael Yarmush as Lawrence
- Holly Gauthier-Frankel as Belinda (2003)
- Jonathan Koensgen as Robin
- Ricky Mabe as Morris
- Al Gravelle as Big Al
- Jessica Kardos as Additional Voices
- Michael O'Reilly as Additional Voices
- Dawn Ford as Additional Voices
- Mark Trafford as Additional Voices
- Helen King as Additional Voices
- John Koensgen as Additional Voices
- Dennis St. John as Additional Voices
- David Tyler as Additional Voices
- Doug Price as Additional Voices
- Jeremy Zafran as Additional Voices
- Ellen David as Additional Voices
- Terence Bowman as Additional Voices
- Wyatt Bowen as Additional Voices
- Nadia Verucci as Additional Voices
- Susan Glover as Additional Voices
- Gabrielle Lazarovitz as Additional Voices
- Terrence Scammell as Additional Voices
- Michelle Heisler as Additional Voices
- Bruce Dinsmore as Additional Voices
- Tedd Dillon as Additional Voices
- Kelly Marot as Mona Parker
- Caroline Vigier as Lily Duncan (Princesse Invincible) (1999-2002), Additional Voices
- Zoé Bettan as Lily Duncan (Princesse Invincible) (2003) / Angela Smith (2003)
- Stéphanie Lafforgue as Charlie Os ou Charlie Genoux, Maman de Mona, Additional Voices
- Suzanne Sindberg as George Dumol, Mademoiselle Mile Suffy, Additional Voices
- Bernard Jung as Papa de Mona, Inspecteur Lostus, Additional Voices
- Thierry Murzeau as Directeur Bonneuil, Révérend Gregory, Maire Rosenbaum, Additional Voices
- Marjolaine Poulain as Angela Smith (1999-2002), Additional Voices
- Danièle Hazan as Madame Baterville, Additional Voices
- Sylvie Nogler as Charley Bones
- Saskia Weckler as Lily Duncan
- Angela Quast as Mona Parker
- Cristina Hernández as Mona Parker (1999–2001)
- José Antonio Marcías as Charley Bones (1999–2000)
- Carmen Ambrós as Mona Parker
- Assumpta Navascués as Charley Bones
||This section's tone or style may not reflect the encyclopedic tone used on Wikipedia. (February 2014)|
Season 1 (1999)
- 1 Attack of the Living Scarecrow - Angela dares Mona, Charley and Lily to find a living scarecrow. / The Robot Babysitter - Mona thinks her babysitter is really a robot.
- 2 Von Kreepsula Runs Amok - Charley accidentally lets out Von Kreepsula. / The Nefarious Computer Virus - A new CD-ROM is possessing a virus into the minds of everyone in town, and Mona and Lily must find a way to stop the epidemic.
- 3 The Miserable Phantom Dog - Mona and Lily travel to a different universe to find Mrs. Bryerson's missing dog. / Jurassic Parking Lot - Mona creates an artificial intelligent dinosaur called the "Frankensteinasaurus" that she claims will come to life. Angela is so annoyed by this, that she and George try to steal Mona's prized creation.
- 4 The Whirling Void - Mona is convinced that a "whirling void" is stealing people's things. / There's No Place Like Gnome - Mrs. Bryerson's garden gnomes are missing.
- 5 The Dreaded Human Spider - Mona thinks a guest at her school is a bug disguised as a human. / Night of the Living Mannequin - Mona believes that a mannequin has came to life.
- 6 The X-Change Student - Mona and Charley are calling extraterrestrials. Somehow, an exchange student in Mona's class makes her think he's one of the extraterrestrials. / The Red Moon Monsters - Mona attempts to ward off an alien invasion.
- 7 The Skeleton Cowboy - Mona is aware that she saw a skeleton cowboy at night, and she and her friends try to find him. / The Men in Dark Suits - There are men in black in Mona's school, and she believes that they are aliens who brainwash people.
- 8 The Vampire Hunter - There's a new girl at Mona's school named Nicole. She is a vampire hunter and befriends Angela. Angela tells Nicole that Mona is an evil vampire and she decides to hunt her and make her lose her powers. / The Sounds of Sirens - Charley falls in love with a girl named Lucy Lanning. Lily and Mona suspect that she's a siren and that Charley is under her spell.
- 9 The Book of the Slimy - Mona takes her journal to school for a "Show and Tell", unfortunately Angela steals it from her and sets many of Mona's old enemies free. They have to get all those nasty little monsters back into the book. / The Sam and Ella Infiltration - Sam and Ella come to Mona's school as the new cooks, but their real purpose is to contaminate the food with salmonella. Shawbly eats some contaminated food and the gang has to save him.
- 10 Curse of the Mummy's Tomb - At the museum, the gang sees a mummy they claim to be alive. / Freaky the Snowman - Mona recalls building a living snowman that protected her from Angela, and it went into a big freezer. She takes him out, which causes him to wreak havoc in the town.
- 11 The Dastardly Dr. Voodoo - Miss. Gotto falls in love with a doctor and begins to act very weird, she has a new "look" and a new attitude. Mona discovers that Miss. Gotto's new boyfriend is actually the dastardly Dr. Voodoo, he stole Miss. Gotto's heart and now she is under his evil spell. / The Dancing Underpants Ghoulie - At the Laundry, Mrs. Bryerson saw a pair of dancing underpants and everyone thinks that she is crazy, everyone but Mona, Fang, Charley and Lily, now, they have to stop the Dancing Underpants Ghoulie and prove that Mrs. Bryerson isn't crazy. Mona determines that the Dancing Underpants Ghoulie is none other than the old owner of the laundromat, Mr. Clarkson, some fifty years after his demise.
- 12 Miss Gotto's Haunted House - Miss. Gotto bought a house, but there's something she doesn't know... the house is haunted! / Cry of the Swamp Thing - Charley, Lily and Mona hear a strange cry near the swamp, the Reverend also hears it and is trying to take a picture of whatever makes that sound.
- 13 Spirit of the Woods - Mona and the gang go to a school trip to the woods. But strange things begin to happen when Angela takes something that doesn't belongs to her. / The Bogeyman Cometh - Charley's biggest fear, the Bogeyman, is back! Mona and the rest of the gang will have to help him to defeat fear. Soon they discover the cause of the Bogeyman's grumpiness.
- 14 The Man with 9 Lives - Charley's idol, the Man With Nine Lives, is in town, unfortunately a very small demon, the Mechanical Mayhem Gremlin, is causing mechanical accidents and Charley's super hero is in danger. Mona tries to find a way to destroy the Gremlin on the Internet, but when she's about to find it the demon damages her computer. / Yak of the Yammering Yam - We know that vegetables are evil but now they are twice evil because they are MUTANTS! How will the gang stop them? Should they eat them? Yuck!
- 15 Small Town - The town is completely empty, only Mona, Charley and Lily are left, but where is everyone else? Peering through a basement window one night, Mona spies Mr. Williams bent over a miniature replica of the town complete with little lights, little cars... and little people! / The Devious Doppelgänger - Mona accidentally enters into a mirror and discovers a new world, very similar to ours, but with the difference that good guys are bad and bad guys are good.
- 16 Creature from the Depths - When Mona was a little girl she used to have a cute little frog, one day it got lost and so did her vampire towel. Years later, Mona and her parents have problems with their bathroom and they might have to move unless they find what's causing the problem. / Mona and the Werewolf - Mr. Shawbly has been acting very weird lately, Mona, Lily and Charley believe that he is a werewolf.
- 17 Garage Sale Genie - Mona dares Angela to tell a scary story if she wants to be in her club. Angela brings out a bottle of shampoo, she claims has a genie inside. / Ghouls and Dolls - Mona, Lily and Charley see one of Angela's dolls blink her eye. The gang, because of this, believes that the dolls are alive, so they must figure out what's going on.
- 18 Flea Circus of Horrors - Mona takes the idiom "a flea circus in the house" seriously, since the whole Parker family is bitten by fleas. Through her eyes, she sees that the fleas show no care to the Parker family household. / Shadow of a Doubt - Principal Shawbly is acting weird. He's getting fit in the school track race with his new shoes that make him "feel light". Mona thinks it's because of his shadow, who has ran away from him.
- 19 The Fortune Cookie - Mona's fortunes are happening after visiting a Chinese restaurant. Mona is determined to avoid her fate and undertakes a mission to avoid it. / Pixies - Lily has started acting strangely and Mona is convinced it is something to do with pixies.
- 20 The Billabong Bunyip - A new gym opened in Mona's city and the manager is Bruce, a guy from Australia. Everyone, but Mona, Charley and Lily, begins to do exercise at the gym. Mona notices that everyone is very tired, then realizes that the Billabong Bunyip, a creature from Australia, is sucking everyone's energy. / The Subhuman Substitutes - Miss. Gotto is sick and the kids get a substitute teacher. Soon all their teachers are sick too and the kids keep on getting new substitute teachers, but are they twins or what? Every substitute teacher is just like the other. Mona, Charley and Lily discover that the teachers are aliens and now they have to stop them.
- 21 Cupid's Mark - Somehow Cupid and his girlfriend got mad at each other, Cupid is very disappointed and Cupid's cousin, Stu, has to take his place in Valentine's Day, he is a mess and isn't the man for the job. Mona, Charley and Lily have to help him or Valentine's Day will be a complete disaster. / The Lost Pirates - Mona finds a pirate mini-boat. The little pirates, owners of the boat, have to go back to their dimension, first they must find their captain, but where is he? There's only one person that can solve that mystery, Mona.
- 22 Hex of a Dancer - Mona's cousin Dotty is ridiculed by her ballet teacher. She believes it is because of a hex around Dotty and the ballet teacher is really a witch. / The Two Magicians - Angela's pet parrot is believed to be a shape-shifter from Scottish folklore by Mona.
- 23 Time Shift - The class goes on a field trip to a figure skating history show. However, Mona believes that the skaters in the show are really the real people and she tries to bring them back to their time periods. / Timeout - A clocksmith stops time and steals everything he can; annoying Mona, Charley and Lilly, they vow to stop him.
- 24 Bird Boy - Mona believes the ridiculed new kid is really a bird, considering birds are attacking people everywhere. / Flower Power - A mean parkworker steals flowers.
- 25 Spitting Image - Mona thinks her mean uncle is really a ghost. / Fourth Dementia Funhouse - A boy dares Mona, Lilly and Charley to go through a 4-D maze.
- 26 Brainwash Boogie - Angela gave away all her toys? George is nice to people? Lily and Charley don't want to be heroes anymore?! What's going on? The latest pre-teen pop music sensation, the "Brainwaves", are washing everyone's brain with their music, even Mona's brain. Now it is up to Fang to save the day. / Von Kreepsula's Return - Thanks to Mona's little cousin, Melvin, a.k.a. Melvin the Monster, Von Kreepsula escaped from his comic book, again! He is more powerful now and an unexpected hero will defeat him. However during this episode, Lily does not appear with Mona and Charley in it.
Season 2 (2001)
- 27 Dr. Java and Mr. Hyde - A new coffee makes everyone turn into zombies. / Miss Dewey's Dismal System - Mona can't finish her book report because she is waiting to get a new comic book. However, her extremely mean librarian Ms. Dewey steals their book report and they must get it back before she "eats" it.
- 28 Polyester Power Suit - A powersuit is making Dad act weird. / The Droll Troll - Mona thinks a troll is in the basement.
- 29 Ventrillo-Creeps - Mona believes that a dummy is really an evil being. / Limo to Loserville - A limo turns the whole town into losers. Note: This episode's opening title insists it's actually called "Monster Mobile".
- 30 The Columbus Triangle - Objects disappear and strange things happen in Mona's town. Why? Because it is part of the Columbus Triangle! / Soccer Sasquatch - Mona's soccer coach is convinced to be Bigfoot.
- 31 Cyborg Phantas - Mona thinks a cyborg possessed Angela's protector. / Kitten of the Sea - Fang runs away after an argument with Mona.
- 32 Witch Watch - Two elderly sisters move into the neighbourhood and soon befriend Mona's parents. / The Hexed Mansion of Agatha Misty - Agatha Misty, a famous horror writer, needs the gang's help to escape from a Hexed Mansion.
- 33 Sun Worshippers - A tanning studio is making the town act weird. / Heat Wave - It is a very hot day, and Mona thinks that a monster is in the ponds.
- 34 The Ninja's Curse - Charley's nunchuks are stolen. / Hal T. Neander - Mona thinks the new kid in her class is really a Neanderthal.
- 35 Shame on the Shaman - Mona is given a shaman from her uncle. / Programmed Pioneers - The Boy Pioneers fad is spreading, but Mona thinks they're being controlled!
- 36 Flu-topia - Miss. Gotto, Angela and Lawrence got the flu and eventually almost everyone gets it too. Mona suspects that a monstrous action figure is causing all this havoc. / Chain Letter - On a rainy and dark day Mona got a mysterious chain letter. She has to find where it came from before something terrible happens to her.
- 37 The Baby Charmer - Mona thinks her aunt's baby turns everyone into babies. / Monster Trash - It's almost the end of the garbage strike, and the whole town is covered in garbage. But Mona thinks that somebody is making garbage creatures...that could eat the whole town.
- 38 The Granite Goliath - A huge rock seems to be living by Mona. / Intergalactic Space Campers - Mona and Charley discover a spaceship whilst at space camp.
- 39 Potato Fish Creepers - A potato craze is spreading. / It's All Relative - Mona's aunt makes her think she's a black widow spider.
Season 3 (2002)
- 40 The Black Hole - Leonard thinks the whole town is calling him "boring", and, through Mona's eyes, a black hole has sucked him in. / Waxing Nostalgic - Mona thinks the wax museum curator is waxing Miss Gotto and Reverend Gregory.
- 41 Lil' Freddy Frosty - Mr. Hyde restores an old antique ice cream sign of a Freddy Frosty that he found in the town dump. Mona, Charley and Lily worry that Freddy is responsible for the great volumes of fast food that has gone missing. / Attack of the Bratty Vamp Pack - Charlie joins a rock band, with a nightmarish agenda.
- 42 The Transformation of Frank Stein - Mona and her gang meet Frank Stein, and discover something startling about him. / Taking the Cake - A jealous guest brings to life the miniature bride and groom cake-toppers at a wedding.
- 43 Terror in Toon Town - Lily has an obsession with a cartoon and is sucked into her television set. / Ghost in the Knight - Mona discovers an old suit of armour, containing a ghoulish inhabitant.
- 44 All in a Day's Work - Mona discovers how the town really works. It is run by Rudy, a janitor, from his chamber. But it is Rudy's last day. / Interchange Intrigue - A disguised ancient Egyptian Pharaoh plans to enslave the town.
- 45 Toys Are Us - A local toy factory makes life-size super-toy robots for all the town's children. / Crazy Crop Circles - There is an alien invasion coming. Mona and the gang must discover who Mr and Mrs Cobb really are, and if they are aliens... plotting to take over the world.
- 46 Jack out of the Box - A new kid shows up in the town, Jack. Jack is popping up in the wrong places at the wrong time. / The Hair Scare - Mona learns of hideous wigs, harbouring aliens that control the brains of anyone who wears them.
- 47 Mona vs. Ms. Marvelous - Ms Marvelous' cooking and beauty tips are a recipe for disaster, but everybody in town seems to think otherwise. / Spelling Bee - A honey producer releases a bee invasion to try and help his dim son win a spelling bee.
- 48 The Horned Horror - The gang must stop a mythological beast, before it destroys the town. / The Legend of Caboose Malloy - Mona, Charley and Lily discover the ghost of Caboose Malloy.
- 49 The Cat Lady's Meow - Mona and friends must stop the town from being taken over by cats. / The Wereclown - A wereclown is running amok in the town after several reported sightings.
- 50 Ghouls Rule! - Mona's parents sell the Book of the Slimy. She must race to get it back before its evil is released. / The Transylvanian Twist - A vampire and a lonely werewolf find love.
- 51 Terminate Her - When Charley's microwave experiment for the science fair somehow turns into a time machine George's the kids get a glimpse at their future! George's old self managed to escape, came back to the present and causes havoc! Will the gang find a way to fix their future and return future George to his time? / 18 Holes to Oblivion - When Mona, Lily and Charley decide to work as caddies at the local golf course, Mona's dad is challenged to a golf contest against a very old family enemy that wants to restore his honor.
- 52 The Case of the Moll Troll - Mona's new drama teacher has a troll obsession. Mona must free her when she discovers her new teacher is being help captive. / The Alien Magician - Charlie discovers an asteroid, while a magician tries to use it for a disappearing act.
Season 4 (2003)
- 53 Ghastly Gargoyle Galore - When Mona and her dad see some of their mum's artistic sculptures at home, Mona with Charley and Lily visit the pottery store and must defeat an evil gargoyle king whose plan is to turn the citizens into stone. / Monkey Sea, Monkey Do - When Lily flushes Charley's Mer-monkeys down the drain, the consequences are dire.
- 54 The Wrath of Thor - Charley accidentally awakens the Viking god Thor when he removes his statue from the museum. / The Pied Piper - When Mona, Lily and Charley discover substitute music teacher Mr Piper is an ogre, they realize they have to stop him before he uses his spellbinding clarinet.
- 55 Horrorscope - There seems to be something diabolically strange about Zelda the fortune teller. When misfortunes occur to everyone who comes around her Mona, Lily and Charley discover that she is a Gemini and may have an evil twin. / The Rescue of Queen Mab - Mable, the owner of the local health food store, has gone missing and fairy expert Lily senses big trouble.
- 56 The Sharkman Goeth - Mona and her friends discover who is behind the recent shark sightings at the local beach. / Dr. Purrman's Secret Recipe - When Fang and the other cats in town start behaving strangely and then start disappearing, Mona's investigations lead to the factory where the feline-like Dr Purrman makes his very popular cat food.
- 57 Atlantis at Last - Neptune, god of the seas, discovers the long-lost continent of Atlantis right under Mona's town, and wants to restore it to its former glory. / Invasion of the Shadflies - Mona is suspicious after there is an unseasonably early appearance of shadflies from the swamp behind Mr McCaughllin's house.
- 58 Gotto Robotto - Miss Gotto's bossy older sister substitutes for her, but it turns out there's an evil plot afoot. / The Laser Wizard -
- 59 Bowling Gremlins - After the kids encounter a maniacal wizard at the new Laser Dome, everything they imagine starts to come true. / The Ghost of Flying Trapeze - The kids visit a haunted circus.
- 60 Aliens 1-2-3 - Charley's opportunity to make a little babysitting money turns into a close encounter with a family of aliens. / Zapman, Myself and I - Zapman decides to strike out on his own after Mona embarrasses him in the schoolyard.
- 61 Would You Like Fries with That? - While working in a fast food restaurant for Career's Week, the kids uncover an alien plot to enslave the whole town through an extra-special secret sauce. / The Haunted School Bus - When the old school bus is brought back into action George gets a rough ride from the ghost inhabiting it.
- 62 Nickelodeon Nightmare - While some say the Seville Theatre is just old and falling apart, Mona knows that it is being haunted by a ghost that escaped from the big screen. / Ready Steady Yeti - When Mona, Charley, and Lily go on a school skiing trip they encounter a series of mysterious snowy incidents.
- 63 The Sandman - Mona and her friends enter a sand sculpture contest and unwittingly awaken the spirit of a mischievous sandman who seems to be bent on putting the whole town to sleep. / Von Kreepsula's Day Off - In Sandman, Mona and friends unwittingly awaken the spirit of a mischievous sandman. In Von Kreepsula's Day Off, Mona leads the kids to a comic book convention where an amnesiac Von Kreepsula is about to fall into the clutches of his enemy.
- 64 Rockin' Reptile Roundup - In Rockin' Reptile Round-Up, the ageing but still phantasmagoric Rockin' Reptiles are on a reunion tour that just might transform the kids' strange-dressing and strange-talking mothers into eerie reptiles. / The Suck-O-5000 - After suffering through a few weeks without one sighting of a ghost, Mona and company are given cause to suspect that a vacuum cleaner salesman is sucking away ghosts in a super-duper new vacuum cleaner.
- 65 Medusa's Revenge - Mona, Charley and Lily become alarmed when there's a local garter snake population explosion at the same time Penelope is staging a play about the Ancient Greek snake monster Medusa at the local theatre. / The Fearsome Forecasts - When the new weatherman Jonathan Jupiter is able to flawlessly predict the weather, Mona and pals start to wonder if he isn't controlling the latest terrible storms via the flying saucer he insists is just a weather balloon.
Direct Source Label, under license to Cookie Jar Group, released two DVDs in 2005 and 2006. These are completely hard to find and are out of print. Mill Creek Entertainment (under license from Cookie Jar Group) released a DVD entitled Show Us Your Fangs in Region 1 on July 23, 2010. They later released the complete first season on DVD in Region 1 on August 17, 2010.
The writing of each episode remains consistent. Something odd happens in the real world, and Mona puts a supernatural explanation to it.
The layout of the program tends to start with an insight of what happened in real life. Then an 'imagination scene' with the children explains the storyline further, and then it switches back to real life to explain even further. This pattern continues, until the story comes to a climax, which is nearly always an 'imagination scene'. Then the denouement is often a real life scene, explaining what happened in reality throughout the episode.
- In Canada, the series originally aired on YTV, and on Radio-Canada in Quebec, with reruns subsequently aired on VRAK.TV.
- In Australia, the series is currently aired on ABC1 during May 2011. The series originally aired on Nickelodeon from 1999-2004.
- In the United States, the series originally aired on This TV from September 26, 2011 until October 27, 2013, a month before the This is for Kids block ended due to DHX Media's acquisition of Cookie Jar Entertainment.