Monash Whites Football Club
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (September 2009)|
|Full name||Monash Whites Football Club|
|Nickname(s)||The Whites/The Ashers|
|Strip||Turquoise and Silver (Sky Blue and White)|
|Sport||Australian Rules Football|
|First season||1964 (VAFA F Section)|
|Ground||Frearson Oval, Monash University, Clayton campus|
|Club song||We Are The Whites|
|2013||Club XVIII (1) Sixth|
The Monash Whites football team was established in 1964 and is located in Clayton, Victoria, Australia. The club competed under its own name in the Victorian Amateur Football Association up until the 2000 season. From the 2001 season onwards the club has competed as the "thirds" for the Monash Blues Football Club.
In 1964, the Football Club established a second team, which commenced in the newly created VAFA F Section, a grade that did not require a reserves side. The original team, by then playing in C Section, played as the Monash Blues whilst the new team took the name Monash Whites. After only two seasons the Whites went into a five year hiatus, along with the F Section competition itself.
Monash Blues gained promotion to A Section by 1969 and, "in an effort to expand and field a greater number of teams in order to hold and develop players within the club", the Whites were resurrected by the Monash Blues Football Club in 1971 and returned to F Section.
After early success, both Monash sides struggled in the late 1970s leading to a split at the end of the 1979 season.
The Whites continued as a stand-alone club until 2000 when it again merged with the Monash Blues Football Club, its original partner. The Whites now play as the Monash Blues' Club XVIII side in the Victorian Amateur Football Association.
In its thirty-two years of competition the Monash Whites participated in fourteen senior finals series, finishing fourth on four occasions, third six times, runners-up twice and champions twice.
- "History of the VAFA". Victorian Amateur Football Association. Retrieved 2010-03-20.
- "VAFA Clubs 1892 - 2009". Victorian Amateur Football Association. Retrieved 2010-03-20.
- "D4 Section (Formerly F Section) Finals Series Finishes". Victorian Amateur Football Association. Retrieved 2010-03-20.
- "Club XVIII Section Finals Series Finishes". Victorian Amateur Football Association. Retrieved 2010-03-20.
- "History of Monash University". Monash University. Retrieved 2010-03-20.
- "B Section Finals Series Finishes". Victorian Amateur Football Association. Retrieved 2010-03-20.
- Marshall, G.W. "President's Report" (1972). Monash University Football Club Annual Report (Report). Monash University Football Club.
- "Monash Whites - A Brief History". www.mwfc.net.au/. Retrieved 2013-12-04.
- "Monash Blues Football Club: About us". Monash Blues Football Club. Retrieved 2010-03-20.