Money in the Bank (John Anderson song)
|"Money in the Bank"|
|Single by John Anderson|
|from the album Solid Ground|
|Released||April 16, 1993|
|Writer(s)||Mark D. Sanders, Bob DiPiero, John Jarrard|
|Producer(s)||James Stroud, John Anderson|
|John Anderson singles chronology|
"Money in the Bank" is a song written by Bob DiPiero, John Jarrard and Mark D. Sanders, and recorded by American country music artist John Anderson. It was released in April 1993 as the lead-off single from his album Solid Ground. It peaked at number one on the United States Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart, and number 2 on the Canadian RPM Country Tracks chart. It is his last number one hit to date (in America).
The narrator describes his lover as being "better than money in the bank".
The music video was directed by Jim Shea.
"Money in the Bank" debuted at number 61 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks for the week of May 1, 1993.
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||2|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||1|
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||20|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||18|
by Garth Brooks
|Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks
July 10, 1993
by Alan Jackson
- Whitburn, Joel (2008). Hot Country Songs 1944 to 2008. Record Research, Inc. ISBN 0-89820-177-2.
- "Top RPM Country Tracks: Issue 2198." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. August 7, 1993. Retrieved August 5, 2013.
- "John Anderson Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot Country Songs for John Anderson.
- "RPM Top 100 Country Tracks of 1993". RPM. December 18, 1993. Retrieved August 5, 2013.
- "Best of 1993: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 1993. Retrieved August 5, 2013.