The electoral district was renamed from North Slave to Monfwi on August 4, 2005. The date was chosen to coincide with the date the Tlicho Land Claim and Self-Government Agreement came into effect. The name change effected Jackson Lafferty who was elected in a by-election on July 18, 2005 and took his seat in the legislature on August 11, 2005. He was still considered to be elected as the elected member for the North Slave riding despite being sworn in after the name was changed.
Members of the Legislative Assembly (MLAs)
|2011 Northwest Territories general election|
|Bertha Rabesca Zoe||600|
|2007 Northwest Territories general election|
|Total Valid Ballots||1,074||98.62%|
|Voter Turnout 66.20%||Rejected Ballots 15|
|2003 Northwest Territories general election|
|Total Valid Ballots||1,171||100%|
|Voter Turnout 75.44%||Rejected Ballots 18|
|1999 Northwest Territories general election|
|Voter Turnout 79.00%||Rejected Ballots 20|
^ a: Prior to the 2007 election the district was known as North Slave.
^ b: In the 2007 election, percentages assigned to candidates were based on the total votes cast. In prior elections the percentages were based on the valid votes.
- Constituency map of the NWT
- "Official Voting Results 2007 General Election". Elections NWT. Archived from the original on 2008-04-11. Retrieved 2008-02-18.
- Members page
- "New Member and Constituency Name for Former North Slave Riding". Legislative Assembly of the Northwest Territories. August 11, 2005. Retrieved October 13, 2011.
- "Official Voting Results 2003 General Election". Elections NWT. Archived from the original on 2008-04-11. Retrieved 2008-02-18.
- "Official Voting Results 1999 General Election". Elections NWT. Archived from the original on 2008-04-11. Retrieved 2008-02-18.