Monica Dolan is a British actress who has appeared in a number of roles in British television shows and numerous stage productions. She was born in Middlesbrough, England. Credits include Agatha Christie's Poirot, Dalziel and Pascoe, Tipping the Velvet (with Rachael Stirling) and Judge John Deed and starred in ITV drama U Be Dead. Stage appearances include She Stoops to Conquer, King Lear and The Seagull both with Ian McKellen. She starred as British serial killer Rosemary West in controversial ITV drama Appropriate Adult in 2011, receiving critical acclaim and a BAFTA Award for Best Supporting Actress, beating out Dame Maggie Smith, Miranda Hart and Anna Chancellor. She also starred as Loretta in Chalet Lines, written by Lee Mattinson, at the Bush Theatre. In 2013, she portrayed twin sisters Meg and Mave Carter in Call the Midwife.
- ^ Holland, Peter (2005-12-19). Shakespeare Survey: Writing about Shakespeare. Cambridge University Press. pp. 288–. ISBN 978-0-521-85074-2. Retrieved 8 June 2011.
- ^ "The Weekend's TV: U Be Dead, Sun, ITV1 / My Funniest Year: 2000, Sat, Channel 4" (6 September 2010) The Independent
- ^ U Be Dead at the Internet Movie Database
- ^ "TV review: U Be Dead and The Yorkshire Dales On Film" (5 September 2010) The Guardian
- ^ "U Be Dead's Monica Dolan Discusses The Art of Stalking" (Sep 08, 2010) TV.com
- ^ Blogger Ian Foster's review of DVD of She Stoops to Conquer
- ^ "King Lear" (31 May 2007) The Guardian
- ^ "The Seagull, presented by the Royal Shakespeare Company" (September 18, 2007) Eunice Wong
- ^ "'Appropriate Adult' Wins Big at BAFTA TV Awards" (May 27, 2012) Yahoo!TV
- ^ "Bafta Television Awards 2012: Fred West drama Appropriate Adult dominates" (27 May 2012) The Telegraph
- ^ "Television Awards Winners in 2012" (24 April 12) BAFTA
- ^ "Chalet Lines, Bush Theatre, review" (16 Apr 2012) The Telegraph