July 26, 1986 |
St. Petersburg, Florida, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Neil Patrick Stewart (m. 2011)|
Early life and education
A graduate of Shorecrest Preparatory School in St. Petersburg, Florida, Raymund graduated from the Juilliard School in New York City. Her father, Steve Raymund, is board chairman and retired CEO of Tech Data Corp., a Clearwater-based distributor of computer components and software.
Her mother, Sonia, is "a community volunteer [and the] co-founder of the Soulful Arts Dance Academy in St. Petersburg" and hails from Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. Her father is a "Jewish California native" (his family was from Germany and Eastern Europe). Raymund was raised Jewish by her parents, and had a bat mitzvah. She also has a brother, Will. In high school, she participated in the "Broadway Theater Project in Tampa and at the North Carolina School of the Arts in Winston-Salem."
Reportedly, Raymund "performed in Cymbeline directed by Richard Feldman, The Diviners (directed by Jonathan Bernstein), and Animal Farm (directed by Trizana Beverley) all at the Juilliard School, where she is a member of the class of 2008."
Raymund also "appeared in her native St. Petersburg, Florida in the LiveArts Peninsula Foundation's original production of Manhattan Casino (directed by Bob Devin Jones) where she originated the leading role of "Althea Dunbar" and Webb's City: The Musical (music & lyrics by Lee Ahlin, written & directed by William Leavengood)." Raymund "is a three-year alumna of Ann Reinking's Broadway Theater Project, where she has been a featured performer."
Raymund has also "worked with playwright José Rivera on Boleros for the Disenchanted at the Huntington Theatre Company in Boston" in 2008. She also featured in the opening scene of "Authority" in the ninth season of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, as a strip search prank call victim. From 2009 to 2011 she appeared in the Fox show Lie to Me, where she acts as a human lie detector. The character she plays is a "natural", meaning she has no formal training in detecting lies or the emotions of others.
In June 2011, Raymund married writer Neil Patrick Stewart. She is an ardent supporter of LGBT issues. In February 2014, she re-affirmed herself as bisexual via Twitter. Raymund has been out for over ten years.
|2008||Love? Pain||Short film|
|2012||Fifty Grades of Shay||Dialect Tape||Short film|
|2008||Law & Order: Special Victims Unit||Trini Martinez||"Authority" (season 9: episode 17)|
|2009–2011||Lie to Me||Ria Torres||Main role; 48 episodes|
|2011||Blue Bloods||Luisa Sosa||"Critical Condition" (season 2: episode 3)|
|2011–2012||The Good Wife||Dana Lodge||Recurring role; 9 episodes|
|2012–present||Chicago Fire||Gabriela Dawson||Main role|
|2013||Body of Proof||FBI Video Analysis Agent||"Disappearing Act" (season 3: episode 9)|
|2014–Present||Chicago PD||Gabriela Dawson||Recurring role|
- "Monica Raymund". IMDb. Retrieved October 12, 2012.
- Winchester, Donna (May 23, 2004). "Bye, high school; hello, tomorrow". St. Petersburg Times. Retrieved July 30, 2011.
- Deggans, Eric (January 25, 2009). "St. Petersburg native, 'Lie To Me' co-star Monica Raymund ready to put in the work". St. Petersburg Times. Retrieved July 30, 2011.
- Park, Mary Jane (January 11, 2009). "St. Petersburg actor has role in Fox's 'Lie to Me'". St. Petersburg Times. Retrieved July 30, 2011.
- Leal, Samantha (9 October 2012). "Introducing 'Chicago Fire' Star Monica Raymund". Latina (magazine). Retrieved 10 October 2012.
- "Biography". littlemary.info. Archived from the original on January 15, 2007.
- Stephens, Janel (February 23, 2003). "Striking similarities". St. Petersburg Times. Retrieved July 30, 2011.
- Porter, Rick. "'The Good Wife': 'Lie to Me's' Monica Raymund will catch Cary's eye". http://blog.zap2it.com/. September 9, 2011. Accessed October 31, 2011.
- Chicago Fire (TV series)#Cast "Chicago Fire cast" . Accessed October 12, 2012.
- Heyman, Marshall (June 11, 2011). "Dinner, with Drama". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved July 10, 2011.
- Hallowell, Lucy (February 10, 2014). "“Chicago Fire” star Monica Raymund comes out as bisexual on Twitter". AfterEllen. Retrieved February 10, 2014.
- Monica Raymund at the Internet Movie Database
- St. Petersburg native, 'Lie To Me' co-star Monica Raymund ready to put in the work St Petersburg Times, January 25, 2009 – Interview with Raymund