July 19, 1951
Monika Baumgartner (born July 19, 1951 in Munich, Germany) is a German television actress and theatre director. In her roles, she usually plays persons typical for the Bavaria region in Germany. Baumgartner studied at the Otto-Falckenberg-Schule, a theatre academy in Munich, after which she took theatre roles in Mannheim and Hamburg and minor roles in TV shows.
Her breakthrough came in 1982 when she starred in “Die Rumpelhanni”, a TV series, where she played the main role by the same name.
She is also remembered for playing several roles in Derrick.
Baumgartner was awarded the Bayerischer Fernsehpreis (a Bavarian TV award) for her appearance in “Sau sticht”. In 1998, she directed for the first time in “Die Ehrabschneider”.
Baumgartner teaches at the Bayerische Theaterakademie, regularly appears on stage in Munich and runs an interior decoration store with her sister.
- Derrick - Season 10, Episode 09: “Die Schrecken der Nacht” (1983)
- Derrick - Season 08, Episode 02: “Der Kanal” (1981)
- Derrick - Season 07, Episode 05: “Ein tödlicher Preis” (1980)
- Derrick - Season 05, Episode 12: “Ute und Manuela” (1978)
- "Short biography of Monika Baumgartner on Bavarian Broadcasting’s website". Br.de. 2011-07-29. Retrieved 2012-06-30.
|This article about a German television actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|