Monique van Vooren
Monique Jacobson van Vooren (born March 25, 1927) is a Belgian-born American musical theatre, film and television actress and dancer, who first arrived in the United States on November 3, 1949. She has written several books, including Night Sanctuary and The happy cooker.
- 2012: Greystone Park (as Monique)
- 1987: Wall Street (as "Woman at '21'")
- 1973: Andy Warhol's Frankenstein (as Baroness Katrin Frankenstein)
- 1973: Ash Wednesday (as German Woman)
- 1973: Sugar Cookies (as Helene)
- 1971: The Decameron
- Queen of Skulls (as Monique Van Voren)
- 1968: Batman (television series)
- Penguin's Clean Sweep (as Miss Clean; 1968)
- Nora Clavicle and the Ladies' Crime Club (as Miss Clean; uncredited, 1968)
- 1967: Fearless Frank (as Plethora)
- 1965: The Trials of O'Brien (TV series)
- Goodbye and Keep Cool (as Eve St. Clair; 1965)
- 1959–63: The United States Steel Hour (TV series)
- Southwest Quarter (1963)
- A Taste of Champagne (as Simone Durrell; 1959)
- 1961: The DuPont Show of the Month (TV series)
- Trick or Treason (as Krys; 1961)
- 1959: Happy Anniversary (as Jeanette Revere)
- 1959: Sunday Showcase (TV series)
- What Makes Sammy Run?: Part 2 (1959) … Zizi Molnari
- What Makes Sammy Run?: Part 1 (1959) … Zizi Molnari
- 1958: Gigi (showgirl; uncredited)
- 1957: Ten Thousand Bedrooms (as Girl on Main Title)
- 1957: Producers' Showcase (episode: Mayerling : TV film released theatrically in Europe)
- 1955: Ça va barder (as Irène)
- 1955: The Infiltrator (as Elaine)
- 1953: Tarzan and the She-Devil (as Lyra, the She-Devil)
- 1950: Tomorrow Is Too Late (as Giannina)
She is married to Jerry Purcell; the couple has a son, Eric (born 1953).
Van Vooren was born in 1927. She first arrived in the United States, according to the New York Passenger List Manifest #35 of In-Bound Passengers (Aliens) aboard the Queen Elizabeth from Cherbourg, France to New York City (October 29–November 3, 1949); her age was 22, per Ancestry.com. On October 19, 1950, she crossed from Mexico into El Paso, Texas; her age is listed as 22, but she was 23, her date of birth was erroneously captured online as October 25, rather than March 25.
- Border Crossings: From Mexico to the U.S., 1895–1957 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2006.
• Lists of Aliens Arriving at Brownsville, Del Rio, Eagle Pass, El Paso, Laredo, Presidio, Rio Grande City and Roma, Texas, May 1903 - June 1909, and at Aros Ranch, Douglas, Lochiel, Naco and Nogales, Arizona, July 1906–December 1910, NARA microfilm publication A3365, 5 rolls.
Records of the Immigration and Naturalization Service, Record Group 85; National Archives and Records Administration (NARA), Washington, D.C.
• Manifests of Alien Arrivals at Columbus, New Mexico, 1917–1954, NARA microfilm publication A3370, 7 rolls. Records of the Immigration and Naturalization Service, Record Group 85; National Archives and Records Administration (NARA), Washington, D.C.
• Manifests of Alien Arrivals at Naco, Arizona, May 24, 1908–ca. December 1952, NARA microfilm publication A3372, 18 rolls. Records of the Immigration and Naturalization Service, Record Group 85; National Archives and Records Administration (NARA), Washington, D.C.