|Industry||Fire alarm system, Fire suppression, Security systems, Communication systems, Video surveillance, Access control, Radio frequency identification, Electronic article surveillance|
|Headquarters||Dallas, Texas, U.S.|
|Key people||Mike Haislip (President & CEO)
Michael Meyers (CFO)
Kelly Habbas (CIO)
Frank McGhee (VP, Business Development)
Darin Anderson (VP, Monitoring Operations)
Bruce Mungiguerra (VP, Sales and Dealer Development)
Robert Washington (VP, Customer Care)
Monitronics International was founded in 1994 and is one of the two largest security alarm monitoring companies in the United States. Headquartered in the Dallas metro area, the company provides burglar and fire alarm monitored security system services to more than one million residential and commercial customers throughout the United States.
Monitronics offers telephone land line alarm monitoring as well as cellular phone alarm monitoring. Approximately 400 Authorized Dealers sell, install and service its security systems and related equipment to residential and commercial customers. Monitronics monitors its clients' accounts at the company's Five Diamond Certified central monitoring station in Dallas.
Awards and recognition
Monitronics was cited by SDM Magazine as a Top 100 company consistently since 2002, ranking it as one of the three largest security alarm monitoring companies in the United States.
Frost & Sullivan awarded Monitronics International the 2008, 2010 and 2011 North American Frost & Sullivan Award for Service Provider of the Year, recognizing operational skill and attracting and retaining key dealer accounts. It also named Monitronics the 2010 Company of the Year.
In 2011, Monitronics received the Industry False Reduction Award from the False Alarm Reduction Association (FARA) for significantly reducing false alarms (0.67 percent to 0.5 percent) through several major programs.
Products and services
- Home Security Systems (including Fire and Life Safety)
- Custom Home Security Systems (including Fire and Life Safety)
- Small Business Intrusion Detection
- Health Monitoring
- Medium & Large Business Intrusion Detection
- Medium & Large Business Fire & Life Safety
- Medium & Large Business Electronic Article Surveillance and Smart Electronic Article Surveillance
- Medium & Large Business Preferred Services
- Medium & Large Business Security Monitoring Services
- Government Fire & Life Safety
- Government Intrusion Detection and Control
- Dun & Bradstreet. "Monitronics International, Inc.".
- Dahl, Jonathan (2009). 1,001 Things They Won't Tell You: An Insider's Guide to Spending, Saving, and Living Wisely. p150: Workman Publishing. p. 536. ISBN 9780761151371.
- Romano, Jay (April 1, 2007). "Security Systems: Your Eyes and Ears". The New York Times (New York, NY: The New York Times). Retrieved July 9, 2010.
- Yahoo! Finance. "Monitronics International, Inc. Company Profile".
- Hoover's (2007). Hoover's Handbook of Private Companies. p336: Hoover's Incorporated. p. 588. ISBN 9781573111157.
- "Ascent Media Corporation Acquires Monitronics". The Wall Street Journal. Dec 17, 2010. Retrieved March 15, 2011.
- SDM New Directions for Security Systems & Integration Magazine. "2010 SDM 100: The List". Retrieved July 9, 2010.
- Frost & Sullivan. "Frost & Sullivan Recognizes Monitronics International for Exceptional Service and Growth in the Alarm Monitoring Services Market". Retrieved July 18, 2008.
- Frost & Sullivan (December 20, 2010). "Monitronics Receives Prestigious Industry Award". Retrieved March 15, 2008.
- The Street. "Monitronics Welcomes NFL Stars At ISC West".