Monk (also re-released as Wee See and The Golden Monk) is an album by jazz pianist and composer Thelonious Monk recorded for the Prestige label and performed by Monk with two quintets, one featuring Julius Watkins, Sonny Rollins, Percy Heath, and Willie Jones and one featuring Ray Copeland, Frank Foster, Curly Russell, and Art Blakey.
The recordings on this album first appeared on two 10" LPs: Thelonious Monk Quintet Blows for LP (Prestige PRLP 166) and Thelonious Monk Quintet (Prestige PRLP 180), both released in 1954.
Allmusic's Scott Yanow states "Every Thelonious Monk recording is well worth getting although this one is not quite essential".
- All compositions by Thelonious Monk except as indicated
- "We See" - 5:16
- "Smoke Gets in Your Eyes" (Otto Harbach, Jerome Kern ) - 4:34
- "Locomotive" - 6:23
- "Hackensack" - 5:13
- "Let's Call This" - 5:08
- "Think of One" [Take 2] - 5:47
- "Think of One" [Take 1] - 5:37
- Recorded in New York City on November 13, 1953 (tracks 5-7), and at Rudy Van Gelder Studio in Hackensack, NJ, on May 11, 1954 (tracks 1-4)