Mono Vs Stereo
|Mono Vs Stereo|
|Parent company||Gotee Records|
|Location||Franklin, Tennessee, United States|
Mono Vs Stereo is an independent record label based in Franklin, Tennessee. It was founded in 2003 as an imprint label of Gotee Records. While Gotee signs mostly rap, hip-hop, and pop-rock artists, MVS leaned more towards indie music.
Mono vs Stereo was established in 2002 and released its first project named Queers and Steers in June 2003. The compilation album featured the debut song from The Evan Anthem (also Mono vs Stereo's first signing) as well as an exclusive track from Matthew Thiessen and the Earthquakes (side project from the lead singer of Relient K), and The Connotations featuring Taylor Muse (now of Quiet Company). Soon after followed a release by Relient K titled The Vinyl Countdown, and the debut album from The Evan Anthem titled Prologue.
2004 saw the release of an EP from singer/songwriter Andy Zipf, an "online and shows only" EP from Chasing Victory; and, in the fall, the highly-acclaimed debut album from The Showdown titled A Chorus of Obliteration.
In 2005 another Revolution compilation was released with new material from The Evan Anthem and again Matthew Thiessen and the Earthquakes. This was followed by the release of MVS's next signing Last Tuesday, and shortly after that the second album from The Evan Anthem called Sens. Finally in the fall two strong debut albums were released, the first by Chasing Victory and the next by southern-hardcore act Maylene & The Sons of Disaster.
2006 began with the release of another new act House of Heroes. This was followed by a concept album called My Other Band which featured five different side projects from members of Relient K, Demon Hunter, Bleach, and Audio Adrenaline. In August the second album from road dogs Last Tuesday was released, and on the heels of that came Gasoline Heart's debut album.
In early 2009 Mono vs. Stereo was brought out of retirement by Relient K who now oversee the label, after completing their contract with Gotee Records. Relient K plans to release its next couple of albums on the label and also to sign a new roster of artists. The first band signed under the label's new management is indie rock group Deas Vail. On May 11, 2011, Mono Vs Stereo announced on their website that they had signed Farewell Flight.
- Andy Zipf (Active, signed to Keep On! Music)
- Chasing Victory (Disbanded)
- Denison Witmer (Active, currently Independent)
- The Evan Anthem (Disbanded)
- Family Force 5 (Active, on Tooth & Nail Records/Transparent Media Group)
- Gasoline Heart (Active, on P is for Panda Records)
- House of Heroes (Active, on Gotee Records)
- I Am Terrified (Disbanded)
- Last Tuesday (Disbanded)
- Maylene & The Sons of Disaster (Active, on Ferret Music)
- The Showdown (Active, on Solid State Records)
- 06.10.2003: The Revolution Will Begin In The Blink of An Eye Vol. 1 - Various
- 08.01.2003: The Vinyl Countdown - Relient K
- 09.16.2003: Prologue - The Evan Anthem
- 03.09.2004: I Stole The Morning Sun EP - Andy Zipf
- 11.02.2004: MMHMM (Vinyl) - Relient K
- 11.16.2004: A Not So Tragic Cover Up EP - Chasing Victory
- 11.16.2004: A Chorus of Obliteration - The Showdown
- 03.01.2005: The Revolution Will Begin In The Blink of An Eye Vol. 2 - Various
- 05.25.2005: Resolve - Last Tuesday
- 07.19.2005: Sens - The Evan Anthem
- 10.04.2005: I Call This Abandonment - Chasing Victory
- 10.25.2005: Maylene and the Sons of Disaster - Maylene & The Sons of Disaster
- 04.26.2006: Say No More - House of Heroes
- 06.27.2006: My Other Band, Vol. 1 - Various
- 08.01.2006: You Know Who You Are - Gasoline Heart
- 08.15.2006: Become What You Believe - Last Tuesday
- 02.20.2007: Temptation Come My Way - The Showdown
- 05.08.2007: Fiends - Chasing Victory
- 09.18.2007: Feel Like Hell EP - The Showdown
- 09.23.2008: The End Is Not the End - House of Heroes
- 10.06.2009: Forget And Not Slow Down - Relient K
- 10.27.2009: Birds and Cages - Deas Vail