|Traded as||TYO: 3064|
|Industry||Internet, online retailing|
|Founded||October 19, 2000|
|Headquarters||Amagasaki, Hyogo, Japan|
|Masaya Suzuki (President)|
|Revenue||¥34.556 billion (FY2013) |
|¥3.885 billion (FY2013) |
|¥2.289 billion (FY2013) |
|Total assets||¥14.505 billion (FY2013) |
|Total equity||¥7.282 billion (FY2013) |
|Parent||W. W. Grainger, Inc.|
MonotaRO sells Maintenance, repair, and operations products through internet and catalogs, targeting small and mid-sized manufacturing companies. MonotaRO sells various product categories such as Personal protective equipment, hand tools, fasteners, and lab supplies. It has more than 1 million customers in Japan.
The company name MonotaRO is an acronym for Maintenance, Repair & Operations. It also means to have sufficient number of products in Japanese. It is also a play on the name of the Japanese hero Momotaro.
In 2013, MonotaRO began web-based sales in Singapore. In 2014 web-based sales expanded to Malaysia, Thailand, and Australia.
Now they ship to following countries. (countries names are arranged alphabetically)
Bangladesh / Bhutan / Brunei Darussalam / Cambodia / Cook Islands / East Timor / Fiji / Indonesia / Kiribati / Lao People's Democratic Republic / Malaysia / Maldives / Marshall Islands / Micronesia, Federated States of / Mongolia / Myanmar (Burma) / Nauru / Nepal / Pakistan / Palau / Papua New Guinea / Philippines / Samoa / Singapore / Solomon Islands / Sri Lanka / Taiwan / Thailand / Tonga / Tuvalu / Vanuatu / Vietnam
- 2000 - Sumitomo and W. W. Grainger, Inc. founded a company as joint venture in Japan
- 2001 - Website launch, which began and nationwide sales
- 2004 - Start selling private label (MonotaRO, Otokomae-MonotaRO, and Osaka-Spirit)
- 2006 - Launch IHC MonotaRO, targeting private use customers
- 2006 - Listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange
- 2009 - W. W. Grainger, Inc. acquired a majority ownership of the company 
- 2013 - Started service in Singapore
- 2014 - Started service in Malaysia, Thailand, and Australia
- "Consolidated Financial Results for the Fiscal Year Ended December 31)". MonotaRO Co.,Ltd. 2014-01-29. Retrieved 2013-02-15.