Monroe-Woodbury High School
|Monroe-Woodbury High School|
Pursuit of Excellence
|155 Dunderberg Road
Central Valley, NY, 10917
|School type||Public, high school|
|School district||Monroe-Woodbury Central School District|
|• Grade 9||617|
|• Grade 10||619|
|• Grade 11||608|
|• Grade 12||555|
|Color(s)||Purple, white black|
|Rival||Newburgh Free Academy, Warwick Valley High School|
|Communities served||Town of Monroe
Village of Monroe
Town and Village of Woodbury (part)
Town of Tuxedo
Monroe-Woodbury High School is located in Central Valley, New York, part of the town and village of Woodbury in Orange County. It educates all students in grades 9-12 in the Monroe-Woodbury Central School District. The four levels are built into a hill overlooking Woodbury Common Premium Outlets.
Monroe-Woodbury has shown a general increase in the percent of its students achieving higher scores on Regents exams from the 2005-2006 school year to the 2007-2008 school year, in both sciences and maths, as well as languages. Consequently, 86% of graduates in 2006 received a Regents diploma, as compared to 89% in 2008. As well, a low 1% of would-be graduates dropped out in 2008. .
Indeed, the New York State District Report Card Accountability and Overview Report 2007 – 08 showed similar results, that while there are exceptions, the district was generally at or above academic standards.
The Monroe Woodbury High School also boasts many extra-curricular activities, both athletic and academic, among them being Art Guild, Chess Club, History Club, Interact, Pep Band, Math Team, Mock Trial, Model UN, National Honor Society, a Newspaper, Odyssey of the Mind, Science Olympiads, and Student Government, and many more. In Sports, there are teams in Football, Soccer, Tennis, Cross Country Running, Alpine Skiing, Track, Swimming, Golf, Volleyball, Lacrosse, Wrestling, Basketball, Baseball, and Softball.
- PDF (520 KiB), retrieved September 14, 2007.
- McKenna, Chris (August 28, 2003). "M-W High School taking students to new level". Times-Herald Record. Retrieved 2007-09-14.
- "High School". Monroe-Woodbury Central School District. Retrieved 2011-02-27.
- Badash, David. "Yet ANOTHER Teen Suicide This Week: Anti-Gay Bullying Blamed". The New Civil Rights Movement. Retrieved 2011-02-27.
- "The New York State District Report Card Comprehensive Information Report 2007–08" (PDF). The New York State District Report Card. Retrieved 2011-02-27.
- "The New York State District Accountability and Overview Report 2007–08" (PDF). The New York State District Report Card. Retrieved 2011-02-27.
- "MONROE-WOODBURY HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT ACTIVITIES 2010-2011". Monroe Woodbury High School. Retrieved 2011-02-27.
- "MW Athletic Teams". Monroe Woodbury Central School District. Retrieved 2011-02-27.