Monroe Civic Center
|Monroe Civic Center|
|Address||401 Lea Joyner Memorial Expressway|
|Owner||City of Monroe|
|• Total space||
Convention center: 22,000 square feet (2,000 m2), 15 meeting rooms
The Monroe Civic Center has multiple facilities:
- Civic Center Arena is the main complex of the Civic Center. The arena provides 44,000 square feet (4,100 m2) of exhibit space along with 5,600 seats. The arena may have larger capacities up to 7,200 seats. The arena houses events such as banquets, circuses, music concerts, and rodeos.
- B. D. Robinson Conference Hall One of the three main buildings of the Civic Center is the 14,000 square foot Conference Hall. When using this facility, patrons have the option of dividing the Banquet Room into six sections.
- Monroe Convention Center is a state-of-the-art facility, located on the Monroe Civic Center property, the Monroe Convention Center serves as an ideal place for meetings, banquets, luncheons, conventions, conferences, and trade shows.
- Jack Howard Theatre (2,200-capacity), named for W. L. "Jack" Howard, the Union Parish native who served as the mayor of Monroe from 1956 to 1972 and again from 1976 to 1978. The theater provides full-view seating for over 2,200. It offers 73 x 46 stage with 54 sets of scenery lines, a full-size orchestra pit, six dressing rooms, full DMX Controlled Stage Lighting and a 32 channel sound system.
- Equestrian Pavilion which features a separate warm-up arena and trailer parking equipped with electricity and other amenities.
- Brown, Lonnie (August 16, 1987). "Louisiana model for the Lakeland Civic Center also on hard times". The Ledger.
- Monroe Civic Center
|This article about a sports venue in Louisiana is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|