Monroe County Community School Corporation
The Monroe County Community School Corporation (MCCSC) is a school corporation providing primary, secondary and adult educational services in Monroe County, Indiana. MCCSC constitutes a unified school district and has tax and legislative authority under Indiana law within its district (all of Monroe County excepting Richland and Bean Blossom Townships, which are under the authority of the Richland-Bean Blossom Community School Corporation).
MCCSC operates fourteen elementary schools, three middle schools, three high schools and one vocational school. In addition, they offer several adult and alternative education facilities.
MCCSC is governed by a board of seven trustees elected to staggered four-year terms on a subdistrict basis within the school district. The board of trustees then hires a superintendent, who oversees the day to day administration and operation of the school district.
The school district has significant relationships with Indiana University.
- Bloomington High School North (Cougars)
- Bloomington High School South (Panthers)
- Aurora Alternative High School
- Bloomington New Tech High School
- Batchelor Middle School (Bulldogs)
- Jackson Creek Middle School (Jaguars)
- Tri-North Middle School (Trojans)
- Arlington Elementary School
- Binford Elementary School
- Childs Elementary School
- Clear Creek Elementary School
- Fairview Elementary School
- Grandview Elementary School
- Highland Park Elementary School
- Lakeview Elementary School
- Marlin Elementary School
- Rogers Elementary School
- Summit Elementary School
- Templeton Elementary School
- Unionville Elementary School
- University Elementary School
- Hoosier Hills Career Center