Monroe Township, Ashtabula County, Ohio
|Monroe Township, Ohio|
Municipalities and townships of Ashtabula County
|• Total||38.5 sq mi (99.7 km2)|
|• Land||38.5 sq mi (99.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.04 sq mi (0.1 km2)|
|Elevation||919 ft (280 m)|
|• Density||62/sq mi (23.9/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1085732|
Located on the northeastern edge of the county, it borders the following townships and city:
- Conneaut - north
- Conneaut Township, Erie County, Pennsylvania - northeast
- Beaver Township, Crawford County, Pennsylvania - southeast
- Pierpont Township - south
- Denmark Township - southwest corner
- Sheffield Township - west
- Kingsville Township - northwest
No municipalities are located in Monroe Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees. Currently, the members of the board are John Griggs, Harry Osburn, and Charles Riley.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Monroe township, Ashtabula County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved July 9, 2013.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- Ashtabula County, Ohio Ashtabula County, 2007. Accessed 2007-05-28.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.