Monroe Township is one of the seventeen townships of Logan County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 1,503 people in the township.
Located in the southeastern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
Parts of the villages of West Liberty and Valley Hi are located in southwestern and northern Monroe Township respectively, and the unincorporated community of Pickrelltown lies in the township's north.
Name and history 
It is one of twenty-two Monroe Townships statewide.
Monroe Township was formed in 1822 from Jefferson Township.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
In the elections of November 2007, Dale Barns and Linda Stuart were elected without opposition to the positions of township trustee and township fiscal officer respectively.
Important highways in Monroe Township include State Routes 245 and 287.
- ^ a b "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ Logan County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 12 May 2007.
- ^ "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- ^ §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.
- ^ Examiner Staff, The. "Township Trustees: Township trustee results", Bellefontaine Examiner, 2007-11-07, p. 2.
- ^ Examiner Staff, The. "Township Trustees: Township fiscal officer", Bellefontaine Examiner, 2007-11-07, p. 2.
External links