Monsignor Scanlan High School
|Monsignor Scanlan High School|
"Remembering the Past, Preparing for the Future"
|915 Hutchinson River Parkway
New York City (Throggs Neck, Bronx), New York, 10465
|Religious affiliation(s)||Roman Catholic|
|Campus size||17 acres (69,000 m2)|
|Color(s)||Navy and White|
|Accreditation||Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools|
|Affiliation||Dominican Sisters of Sparkill|
|Athletic Director||Tracy Keelin|
|Assistant Principal||Sr. Maria Garguilo|
Monsignor Scanlan High School was initially established in 1949 as two schools, St. Helena's High School for Boys and St. Helena's High School for Girls. Both schools were formed by Monsignor Arthur J. Scanlan, founding pastor of St. Helena's Church. He also founded the parish elementary school in 1940. Both high schools were renamed in Scanlan's honor in 1972 and merged into one coeducational high school in 1976. The parish also operated a commercial high school from 1956 to 2002. The school is located at the foot of the Whitestone Bridge, connecting Queens and the Bronx. Students residing in the Bronx and Queens constitute the majority of the pupil population. 
- Little Louie Vega, DJ, producer
- Hon.Dominic Massaro NY State Supreme Court Justice  & Trustee of The American University of Rome
- Anne Gregory O'Connell top rebounder in women's NCAA college hoops history with 1,999 rebounds Pre-NCAA record still stands today.
- Sean O'Conner Mercy College- Head Coach Men's Basketball
- MSA-CSS. "MSA-Commission on Secondary Schools". Retrieved 2009-05-27.
- MSHS. "History of Monsignor Scanlan High School". Monsignor Scanlan High School website. Retrieved 2007-08-01.
- "Judicial Directory". New York State Unified Court System. Retrieved 13 June 2013.
- "Board of Trustees". The American University of Rome. Retrieved 13 June 2013.
- Bondy, Filip (2009-12-05). "Black Friday deals for Target, H&M, Forever21, Old Navy, Radio Shack and more". Daily News (New York).