Monster from the Ocean Floor
|Monster from the Ocean Floor|
|Directed by||Wyott Ordung|
|Produced by||Roger Corman|
|Written by||Bill Danch|
|Music by||Andre Brummer|
|Edited by||Edward Sampson|
|Distributed by||Lippert Pictures|
|21 May 1954|
Julie Blair (Kimbell) is an American vacationing at a sea-side village in Mexico. She hears stories about a man-eating creature dwelling in the cove. She meets Dr. Baldwin (Dick Pinner), a marine biologist, and they fall for one another. The mysterious death of a diver interests Julie in investigating, but Baldwin is very skeptical. She sees a giant amoeba rising from the ocean.
- Anne Kimbell (Julie Blair)
- Stuart Wade (Steve Dunning)
- Dick Pinner (Dr. Baldwin)
- Wyott Ordung (Pablo)
- Inez Palange (Tula)
- Jonathan Haze (Joe)
- David Garcia
- Roger Corman (Tommy)
The film was made for $12,000 over six days. According to Roger Corman, $4,000 of the film's budget came from Ordung, $3,500 from Corman (from the sale of the Highway Dragnet story to Allied Artists), $5,000 in deferment from Consolidated Labs, and money raised privately by selling $500 and $1,000 shares.
Wyott Ordong later claimed he hocked his life insurance and sold his apartment to raise $15,000 to pay for the movie.
The film was sold to Lippert Pictures for $110,000. Corman received a $60,000 advance for this which enabled him to make his next film.
- Alan Frank, The Films of Alan Frank: Shooting My Way Out of Trouble, Bath Press, 1998 p 15
- Mark McGee, Faster and Furiouser: The Revised and Fattened Fable of American International Pictures, McFarland, 1996 p15-20
- Mark Thomas McGee, Talk's Cheap, Action's Expensive: The Films of Robert L. Lippert, Bear Manor Media, 2014 p 156-159
- Beverly Gray, Roger Corman: Blood Sucking Vampires, Flesh Eating Cockroaches and Driller Killers, AZ Ferris 2014 p 30-31
- Monster from the Ocean Floor at the Internet Movie Database
- Monster from the Ocean Floor at AllMovie
|This science fiction film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|