Monster on the Campus
|Monster on the Campus|
Monster on the Campus DVD cover artwork by Reynold Brown
|Directed by||Jack Arnold|
|Produced by||Joseph Gershenson|
|Written by||David Duncan|
Joanna Cook Moore
|Editing by||Ted J. Kent|
|Distributed by||Universal Pictures|
|Running time||77 min|
Monster on the Campus (Monster in the Night and Stranger on the Campus) is a 1958 American science fiction/horror film, released by Universal Pictures. The film was the last of Universal's science fiction monster films released before Island of Terror (1966).
Professor Donald Blake (Arthur Franz) acquires a newly discovered coelacanth. He begins to examine the find and is exposed to its irradiated blood. This turns him into a murderous Neanderthal monster that terrorizes the campus. Troy Donahue appeared in a speaking part as a college student.
- Arthur Franz as Prof. Donald Blake
- Joanna Moore as Madeline Howard
- Judson Pratt as Lt. Mike Stevens
- Nancy Walters as Sylvia Lockwood
- Troy Donahue as Jimmy Flanders
- Phil Harvey as Sgt. Powell
- Helen Westcott as Nurse Molly Riordan
- Alexander Lockwood as Prof. Gilbert Howard
- Whit Bissell as Dr. Oliver Cole
- Ross Elliott as Sgt. Eddie Daniels
- Anne Anderson as Student
- Louis Cavalier as Student
- Richard H. Cutting as Tom Edwards (Forest Ranger)
- Eddie Parker as Donald]] as a Monster
- Hank Patterson as Townsend (Night Watchman)
- Ronnie Rondell Jr. as Student
- AFI staff (2013). "Monster on the Campus". AFI Catalog of Feature Films (Los Angeles, California, USA: American Film Institute). OCLC 772904208. Retrieved September 17, 2013.
- Doherty, Thomas (June 4, 2010). Teenagers and Teenpics: Juvenilization of American Movies (revised ed.). Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA: Temple University Press. p. 245. ISBN 9781592137879. OCLC 780726393. Retrieved September 25, 2013.
|This article about a 1950s horror film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|