Monsters vs. Aliens (TV series)
|Monsters vs. Aliens|
|Format||CGI animated series|
|Voices of||Riki Lindhome
James Patrick Stuart
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||26 (52 segments) (List of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Bret Haaland
Chris Neuhahn (supervising)
|Running time||22 minutes (2 11-minute segments)|
|Production company(s)||DreamWorks Animation
|Original run||March 23, 2013– February 8, 2014|
|Preceded by||Monsters vs. Aliens: Night of the Living Carrots|
Monsters vs. Aliens is an American computer-animated television series based on the 2009 film of the same name. After being first announced in 2009, the series premiered on Nickelodeon on March 23, 2013, after the Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards, then began airing in its regular timeslot on April 6, 2013. A total of 26 episodes consisting of 52 segments were released, with the last episode airing on February 8, 2014.
Brainless blob B.O.B., prehistoric fish-man Link, mad scientist Dr. Cockroach and incredible growing woman Susan learn to adapt to a new world as they work alongside a bizarre group of aliens at Area Fifty-Something, a secret underground base.
|Season||Episodes||Originally aired (U.S. dates)|
|Season premiere||Season finale|
|1||26||March 23, 2013||February 8, 2014|
- Riki Lindhome as Susan Murphy/Ginormica
- Eric Edelstein as B.O.B.
- Chris O'Dowd as Dr. Cockroach
- Diedrich Bader as The Missing Link
- Jeff Bennett as Coverton
- Gillian Jacobs as Sta'abi
- Kevin Michael Richardson as General Warren Monger
- James Patrick Stuart as President Hathaway
- Haley Tju as Sqweep
In 2009, Jeffrey Katzenberg announced that Nickelodeon had ordered a pilot for a Monsters vs. Aliens cartoon series. Eventually, the series was announced at the 2012 annual Nickelodeon upfront, being green-lit for 26 episodes. The cast features new voice actors for the characters of Dr. Cockroach (Chris O'Dowd), Susan (Riki Lindhome), Link (Diedrich Bader), and B.O.B. (Eric Edelstein). The series was partly produced by New Zealand CG animation studio Oktobor Animation, similar to the other DreamWorks-based series The Penguins of Madagascar and Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness. In November 2013, executive producer Bob Schooley confirmed on his Twitter account that the series would not return for a second season. Schooley explained that Nickelodeon cancelled the series due to low ratings and plans to refocus on more "Nickish" shows.
A DVD compilation of the first 15 episodes of the first season, subtitled Cloning Around, was released on October 15, 2013 by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment. Another DVD compilation, subtitled Supersonic Joyride, containing 17 episodes with production codes between 109 and 116, was released on March 11, 2014.
- Schooley, Bob (March 15, 2013). "@HuntsmanTZ Well, then I have bad news for you... This series is much like Penguins. Very heavy emphasis on comedy. 1st ep is 22 though.". Twitter. Retrieved March 17, 2013.
- Georg Szalai (May 19, 2009). "Nick orders 'Monsters vs. Aliens' pilot". THR.com Television.
- Goldman, Eric (March 14, 1912). "Monsters vs. Aliens Animated TV Series Trailer Debut". IGN. Retrieved March 17, 2013.
- Schooley, Bob (November 17, 2013). "We finish mixing the last episode in January. No second season, sadly.". Twitter. Retrieved March 24, 2014.
- New cast for MvA: Chris O'Dowd (DR. COCKROACH), Riki Lindhome (SUSAN), Diedrich Bader (LINK) and Eric Edelstein (B.O.B.) Schooley on Twitter. August 21, 2012. Retrieved August 22, 2012.
- Schooley, Bob (March 8, 2013). "Coverton. Voiced by the incomparable Jeff Bennett.". Twitter. Retrieved March 24, 2013.
- Bazilian, Emma (March 6, 2013). "Community Star Gillian Jacobs's Biggest Time Suck Is Vine". Adweek. Retrieved March 6, 2013.
- Jacobs, Gillian (March 15, 2013). "Guys! Check out "Monsters vs Aliens" the TV show. I play Sta'abi a mean alien with an awesome war cry.". Twitter. Retrieved March 15, 2013.
- Schooley, Bob (March 2, 2013). "FF# Monsters and Aliens @ericjedelstein @rikilindhome @ClevelandJr @japastu @GillianJacobs @BigBoyler". Twitter. Retrieved March 15, 2013.
- Stuart, James Patrick. "Clip from Nickelodeon's new "Monsters vs Aliens." (I voice the president.) Check your local listings.". Twitter. Retrieved March 24, 2013.
- "Sqweep from Monsters Vs. Aliens". Nick. Retrieved March 17, 2013.
- Eileen Cruz (March 14, 2012). "PR: Nickelodeon Upfront 2012: Nick Unveils Plans at Annual Upfront For More than 650 Episodes Across Every Genre". ToonZone News. Archived from the original on September 12, 2012.
- "Oktobor Animation MVA: The Series".
- Schooley, Bob (February 16, 2014). "Ratings, desire of Nick to get back to the more “Nickish” shows.". Twitter. Retrieved February 20, 2014.
- Lambert, David (September 12, 2013). "Monsters vs. Aliens: The Series - Fox Press Release Announces 'Vol. 1: Cloning Around'". TVShowsOnDVD.com. Retrieved October 15, 2013.
- "Monsters Vs. Aliens: Supersonic Joyride (Widescreen)". Walmart. Retrieved January 10, 2014.