He was the second son of the second Baron Kilmaine. He began his ecclesiastical career with a curacy at Christ Church Cathedral, Waterford. After that he was Rector of Shanrahan then Clonmel. His fourth child and second daughter was the first Bolsover baronet.
- “Multiple News Items” Berrow's Worcester Journal (Worcester, England), Saturday, December 06, 1884; pg. 4; Issue 9973
- Fasti Ecclesiae Hibernicae: The succession of the prelates and members..., Volume 1. Retrieved 2013-07-10.
- “IRELAND” The Morning Chronicle (London, England), Thursday, December 12, 1850; Issue 26218
- Fryde, E. B.; Greenway, D. E.; Porter, S.; Roy, I. (1986). Handbook of British Chronology (3rd ed.). Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. p. 391. ISBN 0-521-56350-X.
- Crockford's Clerical Directory 1929-30 London: Oxford University Press, 1929 p 763
Thomas Stewart Townsend
|Dean of Lismore
|This biography of an Irish religious figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|