||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2010)|
Monte Conner is former a Senior Vice President of A&R for Roadrunner Records. He started at Roadrunner in December 1987. He has worked with numerous bands including, Slipknot, Trivium and King Diamond.
The bands he has signed, in alphabetical order, are: Amen, Annihilator, Artillery, Atrocity, Atrophy, Believer, Biohazard, Both Worlds, Brujeria, Buzzov-en, Jerry Cantrell, Keith Caputo, Cavalera Conspiracy, Chimaira, CKY, Coal Chamber, Cynic, Dååth, Death, Deicide, Defiance, DevilDriver, Dirty Americans, Disincarnate, Dommin, Downthesun, Earth Crisis, Exhorder, Fear Factory, Floodgate, Glassjaw, Gojira, Gorguts, Gruntruck, Heathen, Immolation, Kinetic Dissent, Last Crack, Leadfoot, Life Of Agony, Machine Head, Malevolent Creation, Murderdolls, Nailbomb, Obituary, Optimum Wound Profile, Pestilence, Porcupine Tree, Powersurge, Realm, Revoker, Rush, Sadus, Sanctity, Sepultura, Shank 456, Skin Chamber, Slipknot, Solitude Aeturnus, Sorrow, Soulfly, Spineshank, Star Star, Stone Sour, Storm Corrosion, Suffocation, Taking Dawn, 36 Crazyfists, Times Of Grace, To My Surprise, Toyshop, Treponem Pal, Trivium, Type O Negative, Wednesday 13, Willard, The Workhorse Movement
In addition, Conner initiated the following licensing deals for Roadrunner outside of North America: Acid Bath, Divine Heresy, Hatebreed, Heaven & Hell, Glen Hughes, Karma To Burn, Periphery, Queens Of The Stone Age, Satyricon, Sevendust, Shadows Fall
He also brought in the following label deals to Roadrunner outside of North America: Energy Records, Ferret Records, Soundfront Records, Trustkill Records
His licensed catalogue records include the following bands for Roadrunner U.S.: Angelwitch, Budgie, Destruction, Entombed, Hitmann, Gary Moore, Motorhead, Raven, Razor, Saint Vitus, Sodom, Uriah Heep
Conner conceived of and oversaw the Roadrunner United album and live DVD, compiled the MTV2 Headbanger’s Ball CD series and various compilations and soundtracks, oversees all Roadrunner’s catalogue reissues and remasters, A&R’s Dream Theater, Killswitch Engage, Korn, Nightwish and Opeth, as well as assists with various Loud & Proud imprint projects including Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Steve Miller Band, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Rob Zombie.
Past artists Conner has also A&R’ed but did not sign include: Chastain, Front Line Assembly, Holy Terror, The Great Kat, King Diamond, Shelter, Toxik, Whiplash.
Monte co-hosts a bi-annual radio show, Graybeard Roots, on Sirius/XM Satellite Radio.
Connor left Roadrunner on August 2, 2012, after much turnover at the label.
- Trivium - The Crusade
- Stone Sour - Come What(ever)May
- Jerry Cantrell - Degradation Trip
- King Diamond - Abigail
- Fear Factory - Demanufacture
- Slipknot - 9.0 Live
- Slipknot - Vol 3. The Subliminal Verses
- Stone Sour
- Slipknot - Iowa
- Trivium - Ascendancy
- Resident Evil Soundtrack
- Resident Evil Apocalypse Soundtrack
- Mercyful Fate - Mellisa 25th Anniversary Re-Issue
- Devildriver - The Fury of Our Maker's Hand
- The Best of Fear Factory
- The Best of Type O Negative
- Headbangers Ball
- Headbangers Ball Volume 2
- Headbangers Ball:The Revenge
- Soulfly - The Dark Ages
- Roadrunner United
- Deicide-The Best of
- Type O Negative - Life is Killing me
- Sepultura - Beneath the Remains
- Freddy Vs. Jason Soundtrack
- 36 Crazyfists - A Snow Capped Romance
- 36 Crazyfists - Rest Inside The Flames
- Coal Chamber - The Best of
- Mad Ball - The Best of
- Chimaira - The Impossibility of Reason
- Sepultura - Roots
- 36 Crazyfists - Bitterness The Star
- Wednesday 13 - Transylvania 90210: Songs of Death, Dying, And the Dead
- The End Complete/World Demise-Obituary
- Acidation - The Ivy
- Acidation - The Lake Of Sorrow
- Acidation - A Portal to the Past(Best Of Box Set)
- Stone Sour- Stone Sour
- Dream Theater - Black Clouds & Silver Linings
- "Roadrunner Record's Monte Conner speaks about signing Slipknot". The Gauntlet. November 6, 2009. Retrieved January 21, 2010.
- "Monte Conner SignMeTo biography". SignMeTo. January 12, 2012. Retrieved February 23, 2012.