Monte Vista High School (Danville, California)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2008)|
|Monte Vista High School|
|3131 Stone Valley Road
Danville, California, 94526
|Color(s)||Red and Black|
|Athletics conference||East Bay Athletic League|
Monte Vista High School is a comprehensive, National Blue Ribbon of the Blue Ribbon Schools Program, as well as a California Distinguished School and fully WASC-accredited 9-12 public school of more than 2000 students. The school is located in the Town of Danville, CA in the San Ramon Valley, approximately 35 miles east of San Francisco. The school mascot is the Mustang.
Administration is currently led by principal Janet Terranova, along with assistant principals, John-Paul Ballou, Joy Brahmst, and Adam Jennings.
Its cross town and primary sports rival is San Ramon Valley High School.
School Level: High School
Grades Offered: 9 - 12
County: Contra Costa County, CA
Total Students: 2274 students
% Male / % Female: 50% / 50%
Total Classroom Teachers: 120 teachers
Students by Grade
Grade 9 - 505 students
Grade 10 - 529 students
Grade 11 - 631 students
Grade 12 - 609 students
% American Indian: -
% Asian: 21%
% Hispanic: 4%
% Black: 2%
% White: 74%
School District Name: San Ramon Valley Unified School District
Number of Schools Managed: 33
Number of Students Managed: 23,732 students
District Total Revenue: $400,488,000
District Expenditure: $456,379,000
District Revenue / Student: $16,875
District Expenditure / Student: $19,231
District Graduation Rates: 99%
- Leroy Chiao, astronaut
- Mike Crudale, Pro Baseball - St.Louis Cardinals and San Francisco Giants
- Taylor Dent, tennis player
- Tim Kang, actor
- Casey Merrill, former NFL defensive end, played for Green Bay Packers, New York Giants, and New Orleans Saints
- Bob Myers, General Manager of the Golden State Warriors, played collegiate basketball for UCLA, previously a Sports Agent at Wasserman Media Group
- John Patitucci, Jazz musician
- Chuck Prophet, singer, guitarist, songwriter
- Niveen Rasheed, Princeton basketball all-star , currently plays for the Ippokratis Kos team in Greece 
- Matthew Rojansky, Professor and foreign relations expert
- Gar Ryness, the Batting Stance Guy Stance Guy | The Least Marketable Skill in America 
- Greg Sestero, actor
- Jessica Steffens, 2008 Olympic Women's Waterpolo Silver Medalist
- Christy Turlington, model
- Bree Turner, actress
- Nicholas Vasallo, composer
- Ryan Whalen, NFL wide receiver, currently plays for the Cincinnati Bengals
- Kevin Woo, member of popular South Korean idol boygroup U-Kiss 
- Maggie Steffens, USA Women's Water Polo player, tied Olympic record with 7 goals in a game in 2012
- David Zuckerman, Television Producer and Writer for Family Guy and American Dad
- Zach Ertz, NFL tight end, currently plays for the Philadelphia Eagles, consensus All-American selection in 2012 at Stanford University, drafted with the 35th overall pick of the 2013 NFL Draft
- Mark Appel, Pro Baseball - First overall pick by the Houston Astros in the 2013 Major League Baseball draft.
In 2007, after a parent complaint, a district internal and an outside audit found that funds raised by graduating classes were used for school improvement projects by administrators. No misappropriation of funds was found or alleged; all funds were used for the school. Administrators produced student body minutes for items approved by the students and from previous class officers. The Contra Costa times printed a retraction and correction August 6, 2010 for previous misstatements by the newspaper suggesting misappropriation by administrators.
- California Department of Education. "Enrollment by Grade for 2011-12". DataQuest. Retrieved 12 October 2012.
- "GNIS Detail - Monte Vista High School". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. 19 January 1981. Retrieved 20 March 2010.
- Monte Vista High School
- Monte Vista High School
- Monte Vista High School - Danville, California/CA - Public School Review
- interstitials | Business solutions from AllBusiness.com
- Who's Who - Christy Turlington. Vogue.co.uk. Retrieved 2008-02-15.[dead link]
- U-KISS Official Website U-KISS Korea.
- Louie, Eric (2009-10-14). "Danville high school principal on leave after incident with Airsoft gun". Contra Costa Times. San Jose Mercury News. Retrieved 2009-11-10.
|San Ramon Valley Unified School District|