Emblem of the Montenegrin Navy
|Branch||Military of Montenegro|
|Role||Control, protect and defend territorial sea|
|H/Q||Naval base Bar|
The Montenegrin Navy was established in 2006 following the secession of Montenegro from the State Union of Serbia and Montenegro. Nearly all of the navy's equipment was inherited from the armed forces of the State Union - as Montenegro contained the entire coastline of the former union, it retained practically the entire naval force.
Units & Structure
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (March 2013)|
- Command Station
- Patrol Boat Unit
- Coastal Reconnaissance and Guidance Unit
- Search and Rescue Unit
- "Jadran" Training Center
- Signal Platoon
- Logistic Platoon
1) Deterring the armed threat to Montenegro:
- Preparations for the defense (training, exercising and maintaining a high level of combat readiness).
- Defence Cooperation
2) Defense of the territorial waters:
- Protection of the sovereignty of the waters and air space above it.
- Defending against unconventional threats against the armed forces.
3) Support to allied forces that are engaged in the defense of Montenegro.
- Naval base Bar
|Kotor class frigate||2||Yugoslavia||- P-33 (ex Kotor)
- P-34 (ex Pula)
|Salvage tug||2||Yugoslavia||- PR-41 (Orada)
|Motor sailboat||2||Yugoslavia||- Bojana
|Jadran||1||Yugoslavia||Used as a training ship|
|Motor boat Polycat||1||Netherlands|
|Motor boat||1||Yugoslavia||- ČM 33|
|Končar class Fast Attack Craft||2||Yugoslavia||- RTOP-405 Jordan Nikolov Orce
- RTOP-406 Ante Banina