The Water Rats
|The Water Rats|
|Address||328 Grays Inn Road,|
|City||Kings Cross, London|
|Other names||The Pindar of Wakefield|
The Water Rats is a live music venue at 328 Grays Inn Road, Kings Cross, London, England. Until 1992 it was known as The Pindar of Wakefield and was famous for its regular old time music hall entertainment.
Bob Dylan played his first UK gig here in December 1962. The Pogues (then known as the Pogue Mahones) had their first performance here on October 4, 1982. Oasis's debut London performance took place here on 27 January 1994. The Beta Band played their debut show here on Wednesday 23 July 1997. Acts such as Katy Perry, Sisteray, The Courteeners and Ra Ra Riot also appeared here prior to international acclaim. In 2014, The Water Rats began hosting a weekly quiz night.
- guardian.co.uk Guardian News and Media Limited 2009
- Article by Sara Newman in the Independent, Saturday, 24 March 2007
- Shane's World: the return of The Pogues Independent.ie
- New Oasis Poster - 14th year commemoration by band. Oasis official site.
- Beta Band 1997 gigography
|This article on a music performance venue is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|