Aéroport de Montpellier–Méditerranée
|IATA: MPL – ICAO: LFMT|
|Operator||S.A Aéroport de Montpellier Méditerranée|
|Elevation AMSL||17 ft / 5 m|
Location of Languedoc-Roussillon region in France
|Source: French AIP|
Montpellier–Méditerranée Airport or Aéroport de Montpellier–Méditerranée (IATA: MPL, ICAO: LFMT), also known as Fréjorgues Airport, is an airport in southern France. It is located 7 km (4 nautical miles) east-southeast of Montpellier in Mauguio, in the Hérault department of the Languedoc-Roussillon region in France.
The airport carries the 10th largest number of passengers in France (over 1.18 million in 2010). There are five airlines that operate year-round at the airport, and several others that operate seasonally or provide charter flights. A campus of the École nationale de l'aviation civile (French civil aviation university) is also located at the airport.
The airport resides at an elevation of 17 feet (5 m) above mean sea level. It has two asphalt paved runways: 13L/31R is 2,600 by 50 metres (8,530 ft × 164 ft) and 13R/31L is 1,100 by 30 metres (3,609 ft × 98 ft).
Airlines and destinations
|Aer Riata||Seasonal: Belfast-Aldergrove|
|Air Algérie||Seasonal: Algiers, Oran|
|Air Arabia Maroc||Casablanca, Fes, Nador|
|Air France||Paris–Charles de Gaulle, Paris–Orly|
operated by HOP!
operated by Alitalia CityLiner
|Brussels Airlines||Seasonal: Brussels|
Seasonal: Basel/Mulhouse, Rome–Fiumicino, London–Luton
operated by Eurowings
operated by Lufthansa CityLine
|Norwegian Air Shuttle||Seasonal: Copenhagen|
|Royal Air Maroc||Casablanca |
Seasonal: Birmingham, Leeds/Bradford
|Scandinavian Airlines||Seasonal: Copenhagen|
Seasonal: Ajaccio, Lille
- Bus route 120 (the "Airport Shuttle") runs between Place de l’Europe tramway station and the Airport along Avenue Pierre Mendès-France.
- ÉcoPôle and Parc Expo are the closest tramway stations, but the stations are a long walk from the passenger terminal.
- PDF). AIP from French Service d'information aéronautique, effective 26 Jun 2014. (
- "Royal Air Maroc Modifies Planned New European Routes in S14". Airline Route. 6 November 2013. Archived from the original on 6 November 2013.
- Aéroport Montpellier Méditerranée, http://www.montpellier.aeroport.fr/en/acces-a-l-aeroport/en-transports-publics
- Montpellier Airport (official site) (English)
- CCI de Montpellier (official site) (French)
- Aéroport de Montpellier–Méditerranée (Union des Aéroports Français) (French)
- Airport information for LFMT at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.Source: DAFIF.
- Airport information for LFMT at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective Oct. 2006).
- Current weather for LFMT at NOAA/NWS
- Accident history for MPL at Aviation Safety Network