Aéroport de Montpellier–Méditerranée
|IATA: MPL – ICAO: LFMT|
|Operator||S.A Aéroport de Montpellier Méditerranée|
|Elevation AMSL||17 ft / 5 m|
Location of Languedoc-Roussillon region in France
|Source: French AIP|
Montpellier–Méditerranée Airport or Aéroport de Montpellier–Méditerranée (IATA: MPL, ICAO: LFMT), also known as Fréjorgues Airport, is an airport in southern France. It is located 7 km (4 nautical miles) east-southeast of Montpellier in Mauguio, in the Hérault department of the Languedoc-Roussillon region in France.
The airport carries the 10th largest number of passengers in France (over 1.18 million in 2010). There are five airlines that operate year-round at the airport, and several others that operate seasonally or provide charter flights. A campus of the École nationale de l'aviation civile (French civil aviation university) is also located at the airport.
The airport resides at an elevation of 17 feet (5 m) above mean sea level. It has two asphalt paved runways: 13L/31R is 2,600 by 50 metres (8,530 ft × 164 ft) and 13R/31L is 1,100 by 30 metres (3,609 ft × 98 ft).
Airlines and destinations
|Air Algérie||Seasonal: Algiers, Oran|
|Air Arabia Maroc||Casablanca, Fes, Nador|
|Air France||Paris–Charles de Gaulle, Paris–Orly|
operated by HOP!
operated by Alitalia CityLiner
|Brussels Airlines||Seasonal: Brussels (begins 22 June 2014)|
Seasonal: Basel/Mulhouse, Rome–Fiumicino (begins 15 June 2014), London–Luton
operated by Eurowings
|Seasonal: Düsseldorf (begins 12 April 2014)|
operated by Lufthansa CityLine
|Norwegian Air Shuttle||Seasonal: Copenhagen|
|Royal Air Maroc||Casablanca (begins 28 April 2014)|
Seasonal: Birmingham, Leeds/Bradford
|Scandinavian Airlines||Copenhagen (begins 28 June 2014)|
Seasonal: Ajaccio, Lille
- PDF). AIP from French Service d'information aéronautique, effective 3 Apr 2014. (
- "Royal Air Maroc Modifies Planned New European Routes in S14". Airline Route. 6 November 2013. Archived from the original on 6 November 2013.
- Montpellier Airport (official site) (English)
- CCI de Montpellier (official site) (French)
- Aéroport de Montpellier–Méditerranée (Union des Aéroports Français) (French)
- Airport information for LFMT at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.Source: DAFIF.
- Airport information for LFMT at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective Oct. 2006).
- Current weather for LFMT at NOAA/NWS
- Accident history for MPL at Aviation Safety Network