Montserrat Volcano Observatory
The Montserrat Volcano Observatory (MVO) is a volcano observatory which is located on the Caribbean island of Montserrat, where the Soufrière Hills volcano (SHV) has been actively erupting since 1995.
The MVO staff describe their activities as working to reduce the impact of volcanic activity by monitoring, researching, educating, and advising.
The MVO building is situated in the village of Flemmings, in the parish of St. Peter, in the northern part of the island.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Soufrière Hills.|
- List of volcanoes in Montserrat
- National Geographic Seconds From Disaster episode, aired March 7 2007
- List of settlements abandoned after the 1997 Soufrière Hills eruption
- The official MVO website
- Official Montserrat Government page about the MVO
- Site written by a retired earth scientist about the Montserrat volcano
- A view of the 2003 MVO building
- MVO's live webcam view of the volcano
- A more technical account of the volcano's activity
|This volcanology article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|