|Edited by||Mark R. Mullins|
Sophia University (Japan)
Each issue contains three to four main research articles, and ten to fifteen reviews of recent books in Japanese studies, dealing with Japanese society, culture, history, religion, literature, art, anthropology, and related topics in Japanese and Asian studies.
The following persons have been editors-in-chief of Monumenta Nipponica:
- Vols. 1–6 (1938–1943)—J. B. Kraus (founder)
- Vols. 7–17 (1951–1962)—Wilhelm Schiffer
- Vol. 18 (1963)—Wilhelm Schiffer, Francis Mathy
- Vols. 19–23 (1964–1968)—Joseph Pittau
- Vols. 24–25 (1969–1970)—Edmund R. Skrzypczak
- Vols. 26–51 (1971–1996)—Michael Cooper
- Vol. 52 (1997)—Michael Cooper, Kate Wildman Nakai
- Vol. 53-65:1 (1998–2010)—Kate Wildman Nakai
- Vol. 65:2- (2010-present)—Mark R. Mullins
- "Monumenta Nipponica". Sophia University. Retrieved 2009-02-16.
- "Japanese Bibliography, English-Language Journals". Columbia University. 2003. Retrieved 2009-02-15.